Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] View sliders in two home page widget areas show on initial load then disappear.

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:
The issue here is that the user's view sliders only work correctly for the first set of items. This means that the other items would not load after the slider paginates.

Solution:
This can be caused my a multitude of issues and I would recommend re-creating the view if you are presented with such a situation.

In this user's case the issue was resolved by using the wp-views widget instead of adding the view to a text editor.

This support ticket is created hace 6 años, 3 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Etiquetado: ,

This topic contains 7 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by Daniella hace 6 años, 3 meses.

Assisted by: Shane.

Autor
chaf.png

The View sliders are disappearing after showing up once. There is a top slider showing images and then a sponsor slider below that. See attached screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 3.57.14 PM.png

Hi can you try the following troubleshooting steps first?
- Look at the screenshot - one of your asset files is loading from localhost:8888, resulting in a 404 error, and the google font request is returning an error 400. You should resolve these first.
- Temporarily disable all plugins except Types and Views, then activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen. If you need to use a Maintenance Mode plugin to hide the site while testing, that's fine. Check the widgets again.
- If the widgets work, reactivate your theme and plugins one by one until the conflict is revealed.
- If the widgets do not work, place these Views on your site directly in the content of a page to test their functionality outside of widgets.
- If the Views added directly to a page still do not work as expected, please edit the top image View. Click "Screen Options" at the top of the screen and make sure all options are checked. Then take screenshots showing the entire editor. Make sure to expand the "Advanced Options" section for pagination AJAX settings, and toggle open any CSS and JS code editors you have used. Insert those images in your reply here for me to review.

Hi,

This was working fine until the most recent update. I also tested both Views on a page and they work fine, they are just not working in the widget areas. I've tried in a Text widget and a Custom HTML widget. They are still behaving this way.

I fixed the asset file errors.

I don't have a staging environment set up to disable plugins, activate a different theme, etc.

Anything else I can do?
Thanks.

If you'd like to create a clone of your site using the Duplicator plugin, you could post that on Dropbox or Drive or another file sharing service and provide a download link for me here in the private reply fields. Then I could install your site locally and run some additional tests. If you're not comfortable using the Duplicator plugin, you can provide me with your wp-admin login credentials and I can try to set it up for you.

If cloning your site is not an option, you can go to Toolset > Settings > Frontend Content and enable debug mode. Refresh your site's homepage. If you have a popup blocker, you may need to disable it temporarily and reload the page again. Then a debug window will pop up that provides lots of details about the Views on this page. Please toggle open all sections of this debug screen and copy + paste the entire output here for me to review.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Daniella,

As Christian is currently on vacation I will be handling this ticket.

I'm currently downloading the duplicator package and will report to you any information that I can find on this.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Daniella,

It seems what you provided wasn't a duplicator package but just a regular backup.

Would you mind providing me with admin access to the website to investigate this issue further ?

The private fields will be enabled for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Daniella,

Your view seems normal to me in terms of the configurations on the backend.

It could've been corrupted during the update and as such I would recommend that you recreate this view and let me know if the issue still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

I recreated the same View but it still didn't work. So I tried the WP Views widget instead of placing the shortcode in a Text Widget and the original View worked. Weird.
Thanks for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.