Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Upgrade to Toolset 3 and post relationships

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem: I would like to upgrade to Toolset 3 and post relationships. How should I do it?

Solution:
1. Set up an exact copy of the current site you have (staging site, so to say)
2. Update there to the latest Toolset
3. Head to Toolset > Relationships and press the button to migrate the site to Types 3.0
4. Complete the wizard and contact us in case it tells you to do so and you are not 100% sure the topic it mentions is fully clear to you
5. Enjoy the new features and contact support if necessary.

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 9 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by Bente hace 5 años, 9 meses.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Autor

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I just updated to Toolset 3.0.4. We were using Toolset 2 before and I have several custom post types with relationships set up.
I can't find how to handle the update to Toolset 3. I need this site to be future proof so I don;t want to rely on support for legacy relationships that can be removed in the near future.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I was looking for an update guide but can't find it.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Not sure.

What is the link to your site?
Not relevant. Need to know what to do when updating from TS 2 to TS 3 and making sure my post relationships will work in the new way you set it up.

Thanks!

I suggest this:

1. Set up an exact copy of the current site you have (staging site, so to say)
2. Update there to the latest Toolset
3. Head to Toolset > Relationships and press the button to migrate the site to Types 3.0
4. Complete the wizard and contact us in case it tells you to do so and you are not 100% sure the topic it mentions is fully clear to you
5. Enjoy the new features

Let me know here if there are any issues!

OK, I had not found the Migration button yet.
I was looking on your website and in the plugin for release notes but could not find any documentation on the update process.

https://toolset.com/2018/03/how-to-prepare-your-sites-for-the-new-post-relationships-coming-in-types-2-3/
This page did not show up on the site search I did.

Clicking the migration button revealed several template files that I'll need to update, so I'll be working on those.

Please keep this topic open. I'll update on my progress (will not take longer than 1 week). Thanks!

Sure, I will mark this ticket as pending an update from you. No need to reply right now. The ticket will remain open for 30 days.

I migrated the relationships and changed my templates. That did take quite some work and it is really not nice that toolset_get_related_posts does not support != as meta query. I hope you'll fix that soon.

For now it looks like everything is working.

Hi, just wanted to make sure you're aware of how to implement a WP_Query with the new relationships system. This can help you get around the incomplete "!=" meta query until we can finish the implementation in the post relationships API: https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/post-relationships-api/how-to-migrate-your-site-to-new-post-relationships/

Feel free to reopen if you have questions.

For some reason I cannot get that to work. It seems that if I query for the relationship AND some other conditions, I still get all the relationships, not matter what else I specified.
I already put many hours in this migration and have found another workaround, but it would be really nice once the '!=' is fixed.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.