Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Updates to WYSIWYG fields are not being saved

This support ticket is created hace 1 año, 3 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 7 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Simon hace 1 año, 3 meses.

Assigned support staff: Nigel.

Autor
Mensajes
#2196615

Whenever we try to update the contents of a WYSIWYG field, the updates are not saved. I have tested with fields on several different custom post types, and in repeating field groups and the problem appears to be universal.

I tried deactivating all non-essential plugins, which didn't help. I also switched to a default theme, which didn't help.

Note that the site also uses WPML.

#2196617

Looking in the server logs, it would appear the issue is WPML-related - here's an example:

[Fri Oct 15 06:54:52.750580 2021] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 9722:tid 139865232418560] [client 45.135.32.234:29670] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: WordPress database error Unknown column 'wpml_translations.language_code' in 'where clause' for query SE...............post_status = 'publish' OR \n\t\t\t\t\tp.post_type='attachment' AND p.post_status = 'inherit'\n\t\t\t\t)\n\t\t\t) = 0 ) ) \n\t\t\t\t) ) AND sa_posts.post_type IN ('page','attachment','wp_block','view','view-template','sa_book','sa_event','sa_re...'

I have updated WPML to the latest version but it didn't help.

#2196625

Example of error in PHP logs on server:

[Fri Oct 15 06:54:52.750580 2021] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 9722:tid 139865232418560] [client 45.135.32.234:29670] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: WordPress database error Unknown column 'wpml_translations.language_code' in 'where clause' for query SE...............post_status = 'publish' OR \n\t\t\t\t\tp.post_type='attachment' AND p.post_status = 'inherit'\n\t\t\t\t)\n\t\t\t) = 0 ) ) \n\t\t\t\t) ) AND sa_posts.post_type IN ('page','attachment','wp_block','view','view-template','sa_book','sa_event','sa_re...'
#2196753

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Hi Simon

We recently fixed this issue (issue appeared in Types 3.4.13, was fixed in Types 3.4.14).

We do still have some clients reporting the problem, but I'm unable to reproduce it (I created a fresh test site for this specific issue earlier this morning).

Could you please check again after clearing the browser cache (or you could load the page with the browser dev tools open on the network tab where you should have the option to disable the cache).

You still have the problem?

That WPML-related issue doesn't appear related, but to double check could you please try temporarily disabling WPML while you test again?

If neither of these help, can we take a copy of your site for testing?

#2196759

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for looking at this. Unfortunately:

- Disabling WPML doesn't help
- Disabling / clearing browser cache doesn't help

Yes, I am happy to authorise you to take a copy of our site for testing.

#2196913

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

I've taken a copy of the site and will install it locally for testing, I'll get back to you with my findings.

#2198733

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+00:00)

Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 08.48.31.png

I tried editing a book post and made some changes to the contents of various WYSIWYG fields, and they saved without problem.

That was after disabling all plugins except for Types and the Classic Editor plugin.

Before re-activating plugins and attempting to identify which may cause an issue, I went back to your own site to check whether I can actually see the problem there, and I cannot.

As you can see in the screenshot, I made a minor change to a WYSIWYG field in one of the book posts, and it saved without problem. (I have now reverted it.)

So the issue must surely be a browser caching problem (I had never visited the site before).

Clearing the browser cache can be tricky—particularly in Chrome.

I suggest you try editing the posts in a different browser that you would not have used before to confirm that it is a caching issue.

Please let me know if that works so I can better understand the issue.

#2198763

I can confirm this was a browser cache issue - which surprised me given the nature of the problem.