Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Update to latest version without deleting data

This support ticket is created hace 2 años, 11 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 6 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Shane hace 2 años, 11 meses.

Assisted by: Shane.

Autor
Screenshot 2021-05-12 at 15.03.11.png

Hello,

I bought the site associated with this account last year and after recently updating to the latest version of WordPress, some of the Toolset features stopped working due to outdated jquery libraries. I checked the Toolset plugins and there didn't seem to be any updates available. But after checking, I noticed that I'm using super old versions of Toolset.

Toolset Types 3.2.5
Toolset Views 2.7.3

Since I don't have the option to update the plugins from within WordPress, how can I do this without losing any data?

Regards,
Charlie

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Before updating I would highly advise that you back up your site given that you're making such a drastic jump in versions.

To update you will needto manually download the plugins and update them via FTP. Here is a short video clip that can help you to do this.
hidden link

You can download the latest versions from the link below.
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane.

So if I delete the existing plugin folder and upload the new one, this shouldn't affect the data (my views, custom fields, etc.) since this is all stored in the database right?

Of course, I will back up the site first but just want to understand it as well as possible.

Regards,
Charlie

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charlie,

That is correct. All the data is stored in the database, so doing this won't affect the data in the database.

Thanks,
Shane

Screenshot 2021-05-13 at 17.03.18.png

Hi Shane,

I have just finished uploading the latest versions but all the pages on the site are broken. It's giving me an ERR_INVALID_REDIRECT error.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this? I can see that all the views, custom fields, etc. are still there and everything on the backend looks fine.

Regards,
Charlie

Don't worry, I think I found the problem. I have restored a backup for now but I will try again tomorrow.

Thanks,
Charlie

Shane
Supporter

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for the update.

If you encounter any issues with this please let me know and i'll be more than happy to continue assisting.

Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.