Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Trying to change the default header crop size in starter-childtheme….

This support ticket is created hace 8 años, 4 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 5 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Beda hace 8 años, 4 meses.

Assisted by: Beda.

Autor

I am trying to: resize header on starter theme and still use customizer

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

Could you please elaborate a little more on this point
❝resize header on starter theme and still use customizer❞
so I can better understand?

Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit, so if you like, make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Please could you provide me the additional Infos?

Thank you for your patience.

With toolset starter theme it comes with pre-made layouts that i can not edit directly with layouts plugin... I like the layout of the theme and want to keep the customize options currently set with starter theme...

Such customizer options like logo , primary color, and header image are fantastic as I'm creating a site that will be used by many companies and these are the basic needed edits i want the client to make...
The current header image is set inside theme somewhere and I want to edit it so that i can still use customize option and when client goes to upload header images it gives them new crop size and recommended size for header image...

the image uploader is not working for me on this form? Any ideas ?

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

If you have Layouts enabled with Toolset Starter, you can not edit the header image in Customizer as you would, when you do NOT have Layouts enabled.

If Layouts is enabled, you can add Header + Content + Footer and Sidebar in Layouts.

If you do not use Layouts, you can edit the Header in the customizer, crop and work on the image before you insert it.

But when you use Layouts, the entire page is designed in Layouts.

I apologize if this is complicating the initial setup.
This is by design, and intended to be created in Layouts, if you use it.

You will notice, without Layouts assigned, the Starter Theme is actually blank (if Layouts is active on site)

Please do not hesitate to open a new thread if other issues or problems arise

So there is no way to simply change the size of the default header used in theme. I don't care about enabling layouts I just want to change the header size and keep everything the same.

Or

I would like to enable layouts and code the header back into the customizer setting page.. I understand if i enable layouts it disappears - I have witnessed it firsthand -; ) I want to know how to add it back... Seems like it should be a simple setting of function to do this - But i could be wrong?

Well, to add Layouts elements to the Customizer is not really helpful, as this is a Editor to fully customize size and position of your Elements.

If you have Layouts enabled you can edit the header section of your page however you want.
It doesn't need to be the header style from the Views version.

There are no Customizer options for something that is "not really there".
You can recreate the same header using Layouts but you do not have to.

In the Views version the header is forced simply because we had to put there SOMETHING. So, to change the header size in Views Version you have to do two steps:

1. Simply put a smaller image to the customizer - I guesss the matter is about height of this image:
2. in theme customizer CSS add

.header-background-image img {min-height: SOMETHING}

By default it is 180px

This are the possibilities you have with Layouts version or Views Version of the Starter Theme.

Please do not hesitate to open a new thread if other issues or problems arise

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.