Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Toolset Lightbox conflicting

This support ticket is created hace 1 año, 7 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 12 respuestas, has 4 mensajes.

Last updated by jillT hace 1 año, 6 meses.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Autor

This issue has been raised before by myself and others, and has been a problem for a couple of years since toolset introduced their lightbox.

I have used the plugin Simple Lightbox for a number of years and it does exactly what I need. Unfortunately, when you brought in your lightbox it conflicted with this, and other similar plugins. I understand that your development department were not interested in helping to overcome this problem when it was first mentioned. I don't suppose they have changed their minds, but I am now building a new site where I need to have both Toolset and Simple Lightbox working.

Is it really the case that if I have Toolset I can't have Simple Lightbox???

If not then I shall have to remove Toolsetand use a different plugin, which I really do not want to do, but I have not found an alternative to Simple Lightbox that will do what I want and work with Toolset.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I found this old thread of yours where you were discussing this with Jamal: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/images-and-lightbox-plugin/

It seems like the issue was never pursued because the Simple Lightbox plugin didn't work with the core WP Image block either on the test site you helped set up, while Jamal determined that the other plugin you mentioned (WP Featherweight) works with Toolset.

There haven't been any subsequent developments as far as I can see (no internal ticket about the issue).

If you want to resume testing the Simple Lightbox plugin we can go down that route again.

I've set up a new sandbox site that you can set up a demo of it working with the core WP Image block, and then when we have that we can try with the Toolset image block.

You can access the admin area of the sandbox site with this link: hidden link

For now I've disabled the Toolset plugins, we can add them later once the lightbox is working with the core block.

Hi Nigel. Thanks.

When I mentioned about your development department not being interested, that is from a post about a year prior to mine that you link to, when Cristian put it to your IT. Same problem as I am now having, but I don't know which lightbox plugin it was concerning. The poster used a snippet to turn off lightbox usage in toolset, which he passed on to me on FB. I think worked for him, but for me it turns off Simple Lightbox too so no good.

My current problem is not really with toolset image block, but that when I activated toolset types & blocks to breaks Simple Lightbox, which simply stops working.

I have now set up a demo as requested. I have installed Kadence (the theme I use), but not yet activated it

lightbox.jpg

Hello,

I have tried the above test site, and I assume we are talking about below post:
hidden link

Click any image, I can see the ligthbox popup, see my screenshot lightbox.jpg

Is there any missing steps? please provide detail steps to reproduce the same problem:
when I activated toolset types & blocks to breaks Simple Lightbox, which simply stops working.
Thanks

Hi Luo

Yes, it would work as Toolset was not activated. If you read the last paragraph in Nigel's reply above, you will see he had disabled Toolset plugins to check Simple Lightbox works ok with the core block, which it does.

I have now activated the Toolset plugins and if you try again you will see that Simple Lightbox no longer works

OK, I can see the problem in the test site, after Toolset Blocks plugin activated, the problem post:
hidden link
It does not loads JS/CSS files from the "Simple Lightbox" plugin any more, so the lightbox won't be triggered, can you confirm it in your own website too?

I am exporting the duplicator package files from the test site, will update here if find anything

Is anything happening with this?

It's just that I am waiting to launch a site and it is dependent upon the answer, so this matter is now urgent

VERY disappointing to have had no reply to this ticket.

Sorry for the delay answer, I have tried to export the duplicator package from the test site into my localhost.

1) Deactivate all Toolset plugins, update both Kadence Blocks plugin + Simple Lightbox to the latest version
2) Test the problem post again, the light boxes do not trigger(with or without Toolset plugins), so there should be some problem in Simple Lightbox side
3) Then I tried another lightbox plugin, for example:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/responsive-lightbox/
Above plugin works fine with or without Toolset plugins

Can you try it in your website?

There is nothing wrong with Simple Lightbox.

It was working on your sandbox, as you yourself saw on 5th September.

I have it working on a number of sites that do not run toolset. You can see it working perfectly here: hidden link

On this site as soon as I activate Toolset Simple Lightroom stops working. Deactivate Toolset and it works again

The plugin you suggest does not work the way I want it to, whereas Simple Lightbox does

And I'm still waiting.

Can this ticket please be passed to somebody who is able to deal with it.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

I'm not sure how this ticket was overlooked for so long, but, we sincerely apologize for the delay you had to experience.

As Luo is on vacation, I'll be following up on this ticket. Unfortunately, the previous demo website has expired, but, I've created a new one, which can be accessed at:
hidden link

You can either recreate the issue on this demo website or if you already have a staging website where it can be seen, you can share its temporary admin login details.

This will help me in understanding the issue and I'll be in a better position to suggest a solution or a workaround, accordingly.

Note: I'm setting your next reply as private.

regards,
Waqar

The issue appears to have fixed itself, perhaps with updates on the plugins, I don't know. But because my ticket had been abandoned I had to find another way to do the site without using toolset.

To say I wasn't happy with the way this ticket was handled is an understatement

I just hope that the issue does not come back.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.