Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] This “nesting of contexts” allows us to display related posts as deep as we want

This support ticket is created hace 4 años, 11 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Hoy no hay técnicos de soporte disponibles en el foro Juego de herramientas. Siéntase libre de enviar sus tiques y les daremos trámite tan pronto como estemos disponibles en línea. Gracias por su comprensión.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Este tema contiene 7 respuestas, tiene 2 mensajes.

Última actualización por Minesh hace 4 años, 11 meses.

Asistido por: Minesh.

Autor

Hi

Regarding this
https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-display-related-posts-with-toolset/displaying-fields-of-grandparents/

and the last sentence

This “nesting of contexts” allows us to display related posts as deep as we want

To stick with your example let's assume I'd have "continents" as a parent of countries. How would I have to «nest» this into your example?

Kind regards
Marcel

Minesh
Supporter

Idiomas: Inglés (English )

Zona horaria: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

I would like to know first your relationship depth - do you have one to many relationships or you have nested relationship like Country -> State -> City?

Hi

It‘s like country > state > city.

Thanks
Marcel

Minesh
Supporter

Ok - so you need to follow the same way,

This is how you can display the parent information:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-display-related-posts-with-toolset/displaying-fields-of-grandparents/#2-insert-post-fields-for-the-parent

This is how you can display the grandparent information:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/post-relationships/how-to-display-related-posts-with-toolset/displaying-fields-of-grandparents/#4-insert-a-content-template-that-displays-grandparent-information

Considering the example:
- Country
-- State
--- -City

Create new content template and add the fields to it - the top level (country-state relationship slug):

[wpv-post-link item="@country-state.parent"]

Where:
-you need to replace the country-state with your original relaitonship slug.

Then when you add content template - add the item attribute to content template using the (state-city relationsihp slug):

[wpv-post-body item="@state-city.parent" view_template="ct-to-display-country-of-city-post"]

Hi

Yes I got this. And it works. As I wrote I have grand granparent content.

Continent > Country > State > City

Minesh
Supporter

Great - Do you need anything else?

Yes. The solition for my problem. I need grand grand (!) fields.

Minesh
Supporter

Can you please share problem URL and access details and what field you want to display from which relationship at where exactly?

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Este ticket ya está cerrado. Si eres cliente de Toolset y necesitas ayuda relacionada, abre un nuevo ticket de soporte.