Skip Navigation

[Cerrado] the posts of authors with subscriber role are not visible

This support ticket is created hace 7 años, 4 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 1 respuesta, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Nigel hace 7 años, 4 meses.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Autor

Is it possible that the posts of authors with subscriber role are not visible even though they are published?

The entries of subscriptor authors should not be seen, they should only be visible if a specific role is assigned.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screen Shot 2016-12-16 at 11.14.40.png

I'm not sure I understand your question.

Unless you modify their capabilities, subscribers cannot be authors of posts.

(See my screenshot for a site where I have a number of users, including 'toolset-sub' with a role of subscriber, and I am assigning the post author. The subscriber user is missing from the list and cannot be assigned as the author of the post.)

If you have used Access to modify their capabilities (I can't see any debug info for your site to know if you are using Access: https://toolset.com/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/) so that they can be post authors, then what is it you aim to do?

Access can limit what roles are able to see a post, but not limit who can see a post depending on the role of the author of the post.

If you could clarify what you are aiming to do (or not do) I may be able to help.

El debate ‘[Cerrado] the posts of authors with subscriber role are not visible’ está cerrado y no admite más respuestas.