Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Standard post type labels not translating

This support ticket is created hace 6 años, 1 mes. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 5 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Christian Cox hace 6 años, 1 mes.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Autor

Hello,

I had these (portuguese) translation for the standard Post type:
Plural: Artigos
Singular: Artigo

... and it was fine.

Recently I've decided to change that to:
Plural: Notícias
Singular: Notícia

... but now I'm getting this labels, on the admin pages:

Add page: "Add new" (not translated and with no post name)
Edit page: "Edit Notícia" (partially not translated)
Admin side menu: "Add Notícia" (partially not translated)
Admin top bar: "Add Notícias" (partially not translated and shouldn't it be singular?)

... and I can't find nothing to translate in WPML interface other than:
"Add New" and "Add New Post", in the 'default' domain, which I have translated but with no effect over the previous labels.

Is this WPML or Types related?

thanks.

As a quick test, please temporarily deactivate all Toolset plugins. Is the problem resolved? If not, then you will get the best support in the WPML forums.

Hi Christian!

I've done that and, with all Toolset plugins deactivated, the result is this:

Add page: "Add Notícia" -> OK
Edit page: "Editar Notícia" -> OK
Admin side menu: "Adicionar Notícia" -> OK

Admin top bar: "Adicionar Artigo" (it's singular now, but reverted to the previous translation)
Admin side menu: the link to all Notícias reverted to 'Todos os artigos'.

It sounds like the problem is not completely resolved by deactivating Toolset plugins. Therefore I think you will receive the best support possible for your problem in the WPML forums. The supporters in the WPML.org forums are better trained to provide assistance with WPML software and configurations.

OK Christian,
I've contacted WPML support team, let's see...

thanks.

Sounds good. I will mark this ticket as pending an update from you. No need to reply right now. The ticket will remain open for 30 days.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.