Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Slider not displaying all speakers

This support ticket is created hace 4 años, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Etiquetado: ,

This topic contains 7 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by AG hace 4 años, 2 meses.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Autor

AG
Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 4.22.36 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-24 at 4.22.22 PM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do? I'm trying to create a slider showing a total of 9 speakers displayed by "Post date" but only showing 3 speakers per slide or "page". I have everything set up in my view and content template, I have 4 speakers showing (but missing the rest of the 9 I'd like to show). I'm not even sure why a random 4th would be there when I've set it to show 3 in the Pagination options.

Is there any documentation that you are following? This article https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views/creating-sliders-with-types-and-views/ but I'm attempting to show 3 per slide/page instead of the suggested one. I thought if I changed the Limit and Offset to the total I'd like, so 9, and Pagination and Slider Settings - Pagination options 3 that that would do the trick, but after playing with those setting for a while now I'm not sure I understand what is happening.

Is there a similar example that we can see? No

What is the link to your site? hidden link <--- I do not want google picking up my actual url

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

That looks correct in your screenshots.

Try disabling the pagination, i.e. setting no pagination.

Do you then see the expected 9 speaker posts?

AG

I've set it to "No Pagination" and force refreshed the page, I still only get the 4 speakers.

Nigel
Supporter

Which means that you only have 4 published speakers.

AG

As you can see, when visiting the page that the slider is on, my Speakers page, that that is not the case. I have 45 published speakers, so no, that is not the case.

Nigel
Supporter

I would need backend access to verify that, can I get site credentials from you?

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in details from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Which page is the slider View on?

Nigel
Supporter

I turned on debug mode (at Toolset > Settings > Front-end Content) to see the queries actually being generated by the View, and I could see that the limit was being set as 4 rather than 9, even though the View setting was 9.

It is possible to override those settings when you insert a View, though I'm not sure if that was the case here because I deleted where you inserted the View and re-inserted it on the page myself before checking if that was the case.

In any case, after re-inserting the View it works, so that's the most likely explanation.

You should be able to see the slider functioning as expected now.

AG

It has been fixed. Thanks so much!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.