Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Related Posts Missing from View creation

This support ticket is created hace 1 año, 5 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

This topic contains 6 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by Mateus Getulio hace 1 año, 5 meses.

Assisted by: Mateus Getulio.

Autor
Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 3.15.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 2.26.01 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-11-20 at 2.29.26 AM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Trying to select related post content when creating a view.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/displaying-related-posts/
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/many-to-many-post-relationships/

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

I have a many to many post relationship "Keynote Sessions and Workshops" and "Speakers".
I have connected Speakers to Workshops from both sides (connectinging Speakers to a Workshop post, and connecting a workshop to a Speaker post)

In the documentation, it CLEARLY shows a radio button to select related posts.
The button simply does not display in my View creation screen. See attached image.

Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Trying to troubleshoot this, I was reviewing the relationship.
It is Many to Many Speakers ==> Workshops.
I wanted to edit this relationship, but ALL radio buttons on the relationship screen are greyed out. See additional image.

Well... it took me about 6 hours to figure out how to work around this manually, but the interface REALLY needs to be fixed, so that it works as the documentation shows.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

The option in the wizard to show posts of some type related to the current post (Speakers related to the current Event in the documentation screenshot you shared) depends on the context where you are inserting the View block, i.e. the context would have to be when displaying an event, so when you add the View block to a content template for events, for example.

Sorry if that has proved confusing.

Thanks for the reply, Nigel.
That might be handy... but it does absolutely no good when creating NEW content templates, or adding views to standalone pages - which is the primary way I develop my sites). =(

I had to create the view using intermediary posts, then choose "Related: <CPT/field>" for the output of the fields. This was definitely not intuitive (or documented, apparently).

Now my problem is being able to filter the query of the intermediary posts by the workshop's taxonomy- but that doesn't seem to be an option.

Example: for my workshops/sessions I have a "Keynote Session" category.
I want to display only the workshops in this category (and their connected speakers). I can't seem to choose a taxonomy to filter by at all.

I also have a "Featured Speaker" radio button in my Speakers cpt, but I can't seem to filter on that either. If I choose that field for the filter, it doesn't return any results (presumably because that field doesn't exist in the intermediary fields?) Do I need to add that field and then go in and manually set it in all my speakers intermediary posts?

By some miracle, the view I ended up with is actually displaying correctly, but I have no idea how or why it's working with no filters set. lol.

The keynote sessions slider on this page:
hidden link

After working on this all weekend, I have some other issues relating to View handling - but I'll open a separate ticket for those.

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello there,

Thanks for your reply.

About the filter issue you mentioned related to taxonomies, have you checked our documentation related? https://toolset.com/course-lesson/filtering-custom-lists-of-posts/#filtering-by-taxonomy

You should be able to add a taxonomy filter following these steps:
- Select the main View block 
- In the right sidebar, expand the Content Selection menu
- Click Add a filter: https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/add-a-filter.png

Please give it a try and let us know how it goes. Thank you!

Regards,
Mateus.

notax.jpg

Mateus,
I know how filtering views works.
... but there is no way to filter by taxonomy for an intermediary posts view. See attached image.

NOTE: I used to be able to do this easily with nested views - but I can't use the block editor for that. =(

Mateus Getulio
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.

Okay, now it is clear, sorry about the misunderstanding. Unfortunately, I'm afraid that the behavior you mentioned is expected, since taxonomies are not allowed for this special-purpose post type (intermediary post type).

Please let me know if you still have doubts about it. Thanks!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.