Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Pre fill search fields based on page

This support ticket is created hace 8 años, 6 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 2 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Daniella hace 8 años, 6 meses.

Assisted by: Beda.

Autor

I am trying to: figure out how to pre-fill the search widget on the left sidebar with the taxonomy information on the page the user is on.
For example, on this page, hidden link, there is a sidebar search. On that search, is it possible to prefill the fields with Group = 'earrings' and Color = 'amber'. The page itself is using a view that is filtering by taxonomy.
Thanks.

I visited this URL:

I expected to see:

Instead, I got:

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

The Widget is a WP Views Filter Widget, right?

Unfortunately this is not possible to implement, because the View Parametric Search Arguments can only be customized as far it regards "default value" and what to display (name, count of of found posts)

You can see all available customization options in the Wizard with which you insert the Parametric Search Filters in your View.

I apologize that for this feature to work, it seems -unfortunately- that for now you need custom programming work which is beyond the scope of our support.

At this point I would suggest you consider contacting one of our certified partners from this link:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

You will get the custom assistance you need to get on with your project.

Please let me know if you need further infos about this.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.