Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Post Form Notifications not being Sent

This support ticket is created hace 1 año, 9 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 16 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by lindsayH hace 1 año, 8 meses.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor
POST SMTP Email Log.png

I was using WP Mail SMTP but after doing some research it seems there is an ongoing issue. I'd prefer to use this plugin but for testing purposes I switched to Post SMTP (recommended in some of your replies to other support tickets).

Emails are delivered without either of the SMTP plugins activated. With them activated the Notification emails are not delivered.

With the POST SMTP plugin I can see that both the Test email (sent via the plugin) and a Contact Form email (WPForms) were recorded here and received - see attached image. The Post Form Notification is not recorded in the POST SMTP Email Log at all (and obviously were not received).

Indeed with a SMTP plugin activated and in the E-mail Notification section of the Post Form itself I try to 'Send a test email' and receive the message - Mail failed to be sent.

Can you recommend another SMTP plugin that would work with your Form Notifications perhaps?

To clarify, only one SMTP plug-in was activated at any one time.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

With the Post SMTM plugin setting page, I've set to use the Mailer Type to PHPMailer.
- hidden link

Do you see it working as expected?

PHPMailer.png

Hi Minesh, it does seem to have worked. Thank you. I've attached a screen dump of the settings as it might help someone else with a similar issue.

Can you tell me if using PHPMailer will affect email deliverability or have any security issues?

Minesh
Supporter

I'm not sure about that maybe you should ask this question to post SMTP plugin support as they would be the right person to answer this question.

I'm going to investigate further. I'd rather use WP Mail SMTP and other Toolset post forms I've set up on other sites send (and even on this site it's only the post forms that are an issue). So is there a difference in configuration, what is it about the forms that causes an issue?

Minesh
Supporter

I recommend you install a mail logging plugin (e.g. https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-logging/) to record what attempts are made to send emails.

Toolset just uses the normal WordPress wp_mail() function to send emails.

If you make test submissions of the form, you can use the mail log to check whether an email has been sent. If the attempts to send the emails are being recorded as expected, and there are subsequent problems sending or delivering the emails, you may need to speak to your hosting authority about that and ask them whats going wrong if there is any possible server issue.

Thank you for that. I'll do some investigation. Some of my sites work fine with WP Mail SMTP and your post forms, others don't. The contact forms always work. So it is something to do with the post notification forms I believe - I'll try and see if I can spot why.

I switched back to WP Mail SMTP.

I sent a Contact Form (using WPForms) and WP Mail Logging said sent successfully and it was indeed received in the Inbox.

I triggered the Toolset Post Form by using a form on the website front end. WP Mail Logging said sent successfully but looking at Mail Delivery Reports on WHM it wasn't received by the server - nor (of course) was it received by the Inbox.

I then changed the Notification e-mail sender information from something I'd previously entered back to the default (i.e. wordpress@mydomain.co and WordPress) and it started working - i.e. mail was logged, reported and delivered. I then put my original information back (the email address used the domain) and it's still all working. Albeit the Toolset post form emails all end up in the Spam folder.

I do NOT have Force From Email and Force From Name currently set in WP Mail SMTP, though it might have been set at some time previously. Could this be what the issue might be? I checked the Force From Email and Force From Name in WP Mail SMTP - now to test and all still received.

So it might be something in the Notification e-mail sender information on the Toolset form? Possibly?

Minesh
Supporter

There is a hook using which you can set the email headers:
- https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_mail_header

And Toolset role is to send email which is sent successfully. It could be your server how its filtering the emails like if it does not have any from header set it possibly land in spam. There are various reason that email land in spam, you can see with the following link:
=> hidden link

Emails going to spam, really that was just an aside, though thank you for the information.

The initial issue was the the Post Form Notification was not sending using WP Mail SMTP - even though it was logged as successfully sent by WP Mail Logging. Other plugin forms were successfully delivered, it's only a problem with the Toolset Post Forms.

What is puzzling is why the Toolset forms didn't send notifications, I checked server logs and they didn't reach the server. Successful delivery seemed to be triggered by a change of name in the Notification e-mail sender - can you confirm what this should be really to ensure emails get delivered from the Toolset Post Forms? Many thanks, Lins

Minesh
Supporter

Here is my test site, you can auto-login to site using the following link:
=> hidden link

Can you setup a test form as well as setup the SMTP plugin with your desired settings and see if you can see emails are working as expected.

Please check the following ticket, might be related:
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/toolset-forms-routes-notification-emails-to-local-server-when-it-should-not/#post-2301935

If you add a plugin that is used to log the emails, it will record attempts to send emails.
- https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-mail-logging/

I'm not sure that you saw this post above: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/post-form-notifications-not-being-sent/#post-2414455

I did get it working, what the problem is is what should be the exact setup, because sending via SMTP IS only a problem with Toolset Form - so I got it working by changing the 'Notification e-mail sender' in the form and then setting it back again. Eventually it worked, but it does seem a bit flaky (there are lots of tickets on this issue).

Many thanks, Lins

Minesh
Supporter

Can you tell me what you set as 'Notification e-mail sender' using what it started working and with what it used not to work?

Yes, see the paragraph below in post #2414455

I then changed the Notification e-mail sender information from something I'd previously entered back to the default (i.e. wordpress@mydomain.co and WordPress) and it started working - i.e. mail was logged, reported and delivered. I then put my original information back (the email address used the domain) and it's still all working.

So I had changed it to the domain admin email - wasn't working, removed so went back to WordPress default, started working, put back in what I'd originally entered and it still worked.

Does that help?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.