Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Parent/Child relationship with buil-in content types

This support ticket is created hace 7 años, 10 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 respuesta, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Shane hace 7 años, 10 meses.

Assisted by: Shane.

Autor

Hi WPT.

Im currently very frustrated with a issue i cant seem to solve, so im turning to you for support.

I have a post type called "Staff".
I set Staff to be parent of "Posts" (default post type).

I have created a content-template for normal posts, and inserted the view i am currently working on that causes me issues.

I want to link each post to a "staff" member - i can do this, the select box is showing at the posts edit page.

My issue is that in views, when i am setting the query filter to "Post parent filter" - Parent is the current post in the loop, nothing is displayed in the Post.
I also tried "Parent is the page where this View is shown" but no luck either.

Thank you

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

To get a better understanding of the issue, you are trying to display a list of posts on the Staff page?

Is it that you want to display the Child posts or Parent posts?

We actually have a documentation on this and you can have a look at this below.
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/querying-and-displaying-child-posts/

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.