Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Map markers not selectable on mobile

This support ticket is created hace 8 años, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Hoy no hay técnicos de soporte disponibles en el foro Juego de herramientas. Siéntase libre de enviar sus tiques y les daremos trámite tan pronto como estemos disponibles en línea. Gracias por su comprensión.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Este tema contiene 4 respuestas, tiene 2 mensajes.

Última actualización por daveG-7 hace 8 años, 1 mes.

Asistido por: Beda.

Autor

I'm having a strange problem. I have two views that display the same custom post type on my site, one is a content display, one is a parametric search. Both work fine on desktop. In the content display, everything works fine in mobile. However, in the parametric search on mobile, the markers appear, and the search results, but the markers aren't selectable or clickable - selecting them doesn't open the popup like it does on desktop and in the other view (selecting them does nothing).

My code for the map-marker between the two views is identical expect for the map-id, and the code for the map-render the same except the height and the map-id. Any ideas what could be going on?

I strongly suspect this happens only after you perform a actual search, right?

If so, it would be a delegation problem of the JS used to pop up the Markers.

We have Hooks for that in the Parametric Search JS Editor.

You will see there is a button (inside the editor) that allows you to add "Front End Events"

You would add the Front End event "The parametric search results have been updated" (as example) and then pass the correct Function to pop up the markers in that Front End event

But to be honest, I think we should, since this is a native Toolset Feature, delegate this behind the scenes without the need of Custom JS.

Can you confirm, that I locate the Issue correctly?

If so I will make some local tests and report this as a BUG/Feature request.

Thank you for your patience.

Seems like a good theory, but no, the markers aren't clickable (on mobile only, it's fine on desktop) before I preform a search, or after. I even turned the search type to "Full page refresh when visitors click on the search button" from an AJAX search, tested it again, and the markers still weren't clickable on mobile.

So, it might be related, but that's not the exact issue.

Thanks.

Yes, we would also have a Front End Event for when the Parametric Search is triggered.
That would apply to your case.

But I can not reproduce this locally, while I can on your Website, and there is a JS error produced.

I set up a Map with PopUp and Search and while I can see the error on your WebSite, on my tests this work fine

This must be a very specific issue.

Please can you exactly elaborate on this View, and eventually try to:

1. remove the parametric Search, and see if it works?
2. Re-insert the map, and see if it works?
3. Does the issue also persist with a WordPress Default Theme and NO Plugins BUT the Toolset Plugins?

If not, could you then re-enable the Plugins one after the other, and check the issue each time you enable a plugin?
Please report me when the issue comes back
It might also be due to the Theme.
Please do reactivate your Theme only after you are sure the issue isn't coming form a 3rd Party Plugin.
4. Reinstall:

❌ Backup your website and database ❌
• Deactivate/Delete the "Installer" plugin (if you have it)
• Deactivate all Toolset plugins
• Login via FTP to your wp-content/plugins folder
• Delete all Toolset Plugins folders
• Go to https://toolset.com/account/downloads/ and download the latest stable Types Plugin, then extract it.
• Upload the plugin via FTP to the wp-content/plugins folder.
⌥ alternatively you could upload the .zip file using Dashboard > Plugins > New > Upload
• Register the Plugin for your site
⌥ you can do that under Dashboard > Types > Settings > Types Tools > Installer
• Download all other needed Plugins
• Activate them in Dashboard > Plugins
This should not generate any problems.

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Thank you for your patience.

Huh. Starting with your advice to remove the parametric search (which didn't work), I continued eliminating variables that were different between this map and the other map that did have clickable markers on mobile. Turns out that removing some custom CSS I had applying to it (that I didn't even need anymore because I'd changed the way I was building the map) a "float: right;", fixed the problem. I have no idea why that would cause that error, ore removing it would fix it, but it seems to have - and without having to change themes and uninstall all my plugins 🙂

Thanks for your help.

Este ticket ya está cerrado. Si eres cliente de Toolset y necesitas ayuda relacionada, abre un nuevo ticket de soporte.