Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] main area information affects the View in the side panel

This support ticket is created hace 7 años, 5 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by christerA hace 7 años, 5 meses.

Assisted by: Beda.

Autor

Hi.

I have a Views list of taxonomi categories with subcategories in my side panel, like a tree structure.
When i click on one of them it shows the items in that taxonomy (Views archive) category in a list in the main area, while the tree structure is still visible in the sidebar. Works fine when items are found.
(it also works fine on any other pages)

The problem is:
If i click on a catogory that has no items in them, it does NOT show any sub categories in the sidepanel!??

So, the main area information affects the View in the side panel?
I want of course the sidepanel's tree structure to be totally independent of what's going on in the main area of the page.

Can you show me shortly how you did set this up?

Is the SideBar a View (Custom Search) or some links to the Archive, added manually?

Once I know how you do set up this Sidebar and it's links, along with the Archive, I will be able to replicate this.

Please can you let me know how you did build this step by step?
When no results are found, if it's a View, it will display "no results found", and the search shoudl not be affected by it, therefore I believe you used a specific appraoch to build up that sidebar's content.

Hi.
Yes, the sidebar is 2 Views. One that list the top taxonomy categories and then within that another that lists all subcategories under each one (dependent on parents view).
So i'm not using a custom search, really.
And in the main area it's a normal View archive list.

Hi, i decided to hard code the links in the sidebar. Thats ok for now, we don't change them so often.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.