Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] logo-click do not work after search

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 3 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Etiquetado: ,

This topic contains 5 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Torbjörn hace 5 años, 3 meses.

Assisted by: Beda.

Autor

I am trying to: Filtering a view

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
I expected to see:
After search logo-link do not work
Instead, I got:
No click-able logo

I have made a video that I think very well show the problem. I have made a view that shows a Featured Image as background a logo-image on top with a link to a cpt. The view have a taxanomi search and after a search the link is broken.
dropbox-link to my video:
hidden link

I suspect as soon you remove AJAX Updated Views Search then this will work (use the full page reload instead).
If this true, then it's due to the link you inserted using some JS that is not fired when View's AJAX search is loaded.
To solve that you could then call the particular JS you need, in the View's Search and Pagination section, in it's JS Editor.
There will be a button "Front End Events".
Click on it and choose the event you want your custom JS to be refired (in this case, when the search is complete)
In there, insert your custom JS code.

I also see that some styles are loaded from what seems the Beaver Builder Theme. However, you do not use their Software.
Might it be you have used this in past on the site?

I see now you use Elementor instead. Could it be that you somehow used Elementor to build parts of this View?

I also would need either precise steps, on how to replicate this locally with Toolset, or login to the site so I can see how it's built - then I can try to find a solution for this.

Normally, if the Link is inserted with a simple "href", then there is no JS interfering and the link will work also after AJAX search or pagination.

Thanks. Clearly, the old BB styles and eventually more was not removed properly, as most of the content still is styled by those rules.
It's visible in the Console CSS editor. All styles come from a BB folder, not from the View or any else.

This could be a source of the issue, however, I do not think it's the one here.

I see also that your View is not complete.
The Search is there, but the query filter not.
That search cannot return valid results hence since it needs a Query filter.
Please delete the search and recreate it. This should solve this issue.
On the staging site, I did that already. Please study the new Filter code, as yours was a bit malformed in the HTML (Closing DIV at the wrong location)

Then I changed to AJAX updated as otherwise, we cannot see the issue.
I also see the HTML is not properly crafted in the link, in the View's Loop:
<a href=[wpv-post-url]>

That cannot work, you need to follow the HTML standards even if populating the Link with a ShortCode of Toolset, hence:
<a href="[wpv-post-url]">

I think, that is what was needed since now the issue does not happen anymore.

Hello Beda,
So it was a sloppy mistake again, I'm not in the office now, but should check as soon as I return.
Your the best?

Thanks, and please let me know if it solves the issue once you have time to check!
(I made the edit already, hence everything should already be working)

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.