Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] I need help with user roles not obeying my code

This support ticket is created hace 2 meses, 1 semana. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 2 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by jeffS-2 hace 2 meses.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to limit access to a page

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I can't find detailed docs on Access

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Yes. I have now created a simple page called "test-show-current-user-role" that includes only the following:

Current user role is: <b>[wpv-current-user info="role"]</b>

I have 3 administrator accounts. Two of them correctly display the current role, but the third one does not display anything at all. I have tried switching the role of that one to Subscriber and then back to Administrator, but no help. My custom roles created with Access such as 'ViceAdmin' and 'SuperEditor' all display the simple page correctly.

What is the link to your site?
This is not a public page so a link doesn't help you.

I think maybe the one bad user account is corrupted.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Here is a sandbox site and you can auto-login to it using the following link:
- hidden link

Can you please try to reproduce the same issue with the above sandbox site and if reproduced please share exact steps I will have to follow that should lead me to reproduce the issue.

No thanks.
My issue is with a particular user for some unknown reason. Creating a new site and new user will not be able to duplicate the problem.

I was not happy with this reply. I explained my issue was with a custom Access role not doing what I expected. Toolset Support replied with I should create a minimal site in Sandbox to show duplicate for Support to see. Of course, if I create a new site with a new user role it is going to work. The problem is with my site and tons of Toolset code. So, really no help to me.

jeffS-2 confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-02-21 23:46:25.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.