Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] How do I filter view results by a field from a related post type

This support ticket is created hace 2 años, 1 mes. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 1 respuesta, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Shane hace 2 años, 1 mes.

Assisted by: Shane.

Autor

Tell us what you are trying to do?
How do I filter view results by a field from a related post type using the legacy view? I have X post type in my view but I want to filter results with a dropdown from a field that is in a child related post in post type Y.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I assume this page has the answer I want: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/filtering-by-custom-fields-in-a-related-post/

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Benjamin,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Unfortunately that won't be possible to do. You can only filter posts by custom fields or attributes that are on the posts.

You won't be able to filter your child posts by their parent's custom field. The field itself will need to be present on the child post.

Thanks
Shane

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.