Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Forms plugin is causing a fatal error

This support ticket is created hace 11 meses, 1 semana. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 7 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by Robert Campbell hace 11 meses, 1 semana.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor

This is with reference to website aboutdereham.org
I have just upgraded my hosting package, however php version is unchanged at V7.4
I am now getting a fatal error when the Forms plugin is enabled and so the website will not load unless I disable the plugin.
I am running WordPress V6.2.2 and the latest version of the Forms plugin V2.6.16

This is a live membership site where the majority of the content is member entered using forms, so the issue it really urgent.

Here is the fatal message content:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Toolset_Style' not found in /home/aboutder/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/library/toolset/cred/embedded/classes/CRED_scripts_manager.php:3 Stack trace: #0 /home/aboutder/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/library/toolset/cred/plugin.php(40): require_once() #1 /home/aboutder/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(308): cred_loaded_common_dependencies('dxdam_admin_use...') #2 /home/aboutder/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(332): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #3 /home/aboutder/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php(517): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /home/aboutder/public_html/wp-content/plugins/dx-delete-attached-media/dx-delete-attached-media.php(339): do_action('after_setup_the...', 'dxdam_admin_use...') #5 /home/aboutder/public_html/wp-settings.php(453): include_once('/home/aboutder/...') #6 /home/aboutder/public_html/wp-config.php(97): require_once('/home/aboutder/...') #7 /home/aboutder/public_html/wp-load.php(50): require_once('/hom in /home/aboutder/public_html/wp-content/plugins/cred-frontend-editor/library/toolset/cred/embedded/classes/CRED_scripts_manager.php on line 3

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Robert

This appears to be related to the DX Delete Attached Media plugin.

Looking at the call stack of the error, the Forms error appears to occur because the normal load sequence is modified by that plugin.

In plugins/dx-delete-attached-media/dx-delete-attached-media.php line 339 it includes this line which provokes the issue:

do_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'dxdam_admin_user' );

The theme isn't loaded until after the plugins are, and yet this plugin runs any callbacks added to the 'after_setup_theme' hook, which is being run rather earlier than expected, and so of course it can have unintended consequences.

I expect if you disable that plugin you will find Forms working normally.

Hi Nigel
Thanks for the advice. Disabling the DX Delete Attached Media plugin solved the issue.
Both plugins were running together okay before my hosting upgrade and they are working together okay on my dev version of the site.
Without asking you to do development work! Are there any simple mods I might try e.g. the order I install the plugins, or a simple change to the problem code line I might try?
Best regards
Robert

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

As Nigel shared you should disable the plugin or try to comment out that line of code for now and check if that helps without causing any side effects.

The DX Delete Attached Media plugin page on WordPress.org has had multiple reports of fatal errors over the last couple of days. The authors say they are working on an update. Thanks again for your help. Should be fine to close this thread now.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

You're welcome to mark resolve this ticket.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.