Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Email Validation

This support ticket is created hace 1 año, 11 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by julieP hace 1 año, 11 meses.

Autor

I have a custom field type Email Address set to required. The form will submit even if the field doesn't contain an email address. If I do a check using cred's form validation hook and the wordpress function is_email, the form behaves correctly and doesn't submit if the field doesn't contain an email address.

Can you test your end please?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2022-05-13 at 14.52.11.png
Screenshot 2022-05-13 at 14.48.43.png

Hi Julie

I just tested this and it worked as expected.

We are talking about Post forms rather than User forms?

Did you specify in the email field settings that the field is both required and should be a valid email address? (I'm not sure the latter is necessary, but it is what I have on my test site.)

Hi Nigel

Thanks for testing. I haven't changed anything regarding the field settings (they've always been "required" and set to validate as an email) however on checking them, the "validate as email" box is currently unchecked which explains why it's not validating (!) but not how it became unchecked. I'll monitor in case it happens again.

Hope all's well with you (it's been a while)

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.