Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Elaborate a permissions functionality with taxonomy and posts

This support ticket is created hace 4 años, 7 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 1 respuesta, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Minesh hace 4 años, 7 meses.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to create a taxonomy based permissions, that would allow granular control over content within taxonomies. My thinking is the way you can manage permissions on folders and its contents; taxonomy being the "folders" and the "posts" being the content.
I haven't been able to achieve this in the Access Component.

So I would be able to define. Role 1 can access everything publish in taxonomy 1 and 3.
Role 2 can access everything in taxonomy 1, but not taxonomy 1.1.
Role 3 can only access content within taxonomy 2.

Taxonomy 1
Taxonomy 1.1.
Taxonomy 2
Taxonomy 3

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Yes, the access component.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
Not seen in wordpress yet, but its a mainstream Enterprise Content Management granular permissions control system, like the one in Alfresco : hidden link
At this level of granularity, you can define complete permissions and restrictions for roles, users, and apply them to folders, subfolders and items. This is what I am trying to achieve here.

What is the link to your site?
luxflow.app

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

There is no such feature to build such a complex mainstream Enterprise Content Management granular permissions system.

With Access, you can only set the permissions like Assign terms | Delete terms | Edit terms | Manage terms which will have an effect on the backend. You can set permissions for Post types, Taxonomies, Types group, Toolset forms, Custom groups but to build such a complex system if you go with Toolset if many need custom programming.

I suggest you should try to install a test site using any of our available reference sites on our free test platform http://www.discover-wp.com and try to play with it and check whats possible and whats not possible and then take a wise decision.
=> https://discover-wp.com/site-templates/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.