Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Do custom posts ping when published?

This support ticket is created hace 3 años, 8 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 2 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Tim Elliott hace 3 años, 8 meses.

Assisted by: Shane.

Autor

Quick question of how custom posts operate. I've read the following:

"WordPress uses very specific, and different, code to manage changes for pages and posts. For example, there is one function called when a post changes from Scheduled to Published, and another for the same change in Pages. However, the code called for posts includes logging a call to the ping services—that is, it adds a WordPress cron entry to do a ping; pages do not have this action, so they don’t get a ping"

So if this is the case, do my custom posts generated using Toolset operate like posts or pages when it comes to ping services? I thought there might be a setting for this but can't see one, nor can I find any info on it when I Google it.

Thanks
Tim

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Screenshot 2020-07-28 at 1.15.08 PM.png

Hi Tim,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Yes Custom post Types created in Types do support Pingbacks, you will need to enable it by going to the edit page of your custom Post type and enabling the Trackback option. See Screenshot

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks for confirming.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.