Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Date-Time: Logged out = correct timezone time; Logged in = UTC time.

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by jeffS-2 hace 5 años, 2 meses.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Autor

I am working on a couple compatibility issues with upgrading from PHP 5.6 to 7.2. As far as I can tell, this issue is not related to that.

Suddenly a few hours ago, I noticed the times for my events are all showing UTC instead of my timezone (UTC -8/Los Angeles). I checked the WP setting for timezone and it is still correct. This site has been running for 5 years now. I am using a CPT called Events, and using the Types' Date/Time custom field for start and end times. Both are displaying wrong. However, it only displays wrong if I am logged in to WordPress. If I am not logged in, it displays correctly. I just spent over 3 hours trying to track this down and can't figure it out.

This problem is occuring on my live site (PHP 5.6), and two clones. One clone I can switch back and forth between PHP 5.6 and 7.2 but that makes no difference. So, I assume it is therefore not related to my PHP upgrades. So, since I updated all my Toolset plugins a few days ago, I am now looking in that direction.

The most recent Upcoming Event was already created last month or more and was fine then. But, even if I now create a new event, set the start/end times to say 7 PM to 9 PM, when I save it, Views displays it as 12 PM to 2 PM.

Thanks,
Jeff
-------

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jeff

I'm going to set up a test site to see if I can reproduce the problem.

Can you confirm, these events are published from the back-end or using a front-end form?

You say the times are displaying incorrectly, from your description you mean when outputting them on the front-end, yes?

While I'm at it, can I get credentials for a site where I can see the problem? Give me a URL where I can see the issue.

I will mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Hey Nigel -

Thanks for the timely reply.
I am using an old wp-types starter theme, "views_base" and since OTGS hasn't supported it for a few years, I do the best to maintain it myself, primarily through a child theme. Occasionally, when WP has depricated functions, I've had to update the original theme files. Anyway, over the past couple weeks, I've been making updates for a PHP 7.2 upgrade.

I have now narrowed this issue down to something on the child theme side; likely in header.php or functions.php. So, can we let this post hang for a day or two, and hopefully I will have it resolved in that time and we can then close it.

Thanks,
Jeff Safire

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Sure, no problem.

I'll mark it as requiring feedback from you which means you should have a week before you are nagged about responding.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.