Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Custom Fields Conditional Display Still Showing Labels

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:

I'm using the "conditional display" option for a custom field as part of a form. In the past, this has hidden the label AND the field itself. Now, the field is gone, but the label remains. This isn't the expected (nor desired) behavior. Can we revert back to the old way of doing things?

Solution:

No, it is not possible. As you describe, labels and wrapping HTML are not direct part of the field, and they are indeed hardcoded in the form editor, so they can not be part of what is shown and hidden, because they are open to user manipulation.

I suggest:
within Toolset form, use "Conditional Display for Form Inputs" of Toolset form instead of "conditional display" option of custom field

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-display-for-form-inputs/

100% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created hace 5 años, 7 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Sean hace 5 años, 7 meses.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Autor

I'm using the "conditional display" option for a custom field as part of a form. In the past, this has hidden the label AND the field itself. Now, the field is gone, but the label remains. This isn't the expected (nor desired) behavior. Can we revert back to the old way of doing things?

I know that I can use conditional groups to achieve this, but what was the point of setting up all the conditional logic in the custom type fields in the first place if I have to double my work when making a form?

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can duplicate the same problem, and have escalated it, will update here if there is anything news.

Currently, as you mentioned above, you can use "Conditional Display for Form Inputs" of Toolset form:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-display-for-form-inputs/

Here is the feedback from our developers:
No, it is not possible. As you describe, labels and wrapping HTML are not direct part of the field, and they are indeed hardcoded in the form editor, so they can not be part of what is shown and hidden, because they are open to user manipulation.

I suggest:
within Toolset form, use "Conditional Display for Form Inputs" of Toolset form instead of "conditional display" option of custom field

I feel like there could be a solution using an additional class for the group (autogenerated when you make the form), but I guess that'll have to wait.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.