Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] CRED form code intermittently reverts to "Wizard" code

This support ticket is created hace 4 años, 4 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 4 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by jeffS-2 hace 4 años, 4 meses.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Autor

I am trying to:
Edit CRED/Toolset Forms code for existing form using Expert mode.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
It's the Edit Form page, so I cannot link to it without providing Login credentials.

I expected to see:
My custom code for the form. Working for almost a year now.

Instead, I got:
Often, but not all the time, when I make changes to my custom form code in Expert mode, then when I save the form, the saved code now is the code generated by the Wizard (e.g., Visual mode.)

This happens more than 50% of the time. I never disable Expert mode on purpose, as I have been using CRED since its initial release and I am used to using the Expert mode.

I was surprised I was not able to find any Support posts with this same issue. Perhaps it is a conflict with another plugin I am using, but I have not tested that.

Jeff Safire
---------------------

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Jeff

An intermittent issue like this is going to be tricky to identify, we essentially need to catch it when it happens to try and determine why.

You could install an activity log plugin to try and help with that (e.g. hidden link) so that you can see details of all the actions that occurred before the editor mode switched.

I doubt that it is caused by another plugin, which editor to use is stored in a specific object stored as post meta for the post that holds the form settings. It's not impossible some caching-type mechanism could be reverting data generally, but another plugin would not be directly manipulating that settings object.

We have a slew of plugin updates due today, so after updating everything, and maybe installing the activity log, try to returning to the edit form often to see if you can break it and spot how.

Thanks, Nigel.
I will update my staging site or move it to Local and see if it occurs there as well, and also try with all cache disabled. If it still persists, I will then look into deeper debugging methods.

Feature Suggestion: Add a global "Advanced Mode" for advanced users of Toolset, similar to the "Disable Help Display," allowing things like Visual Mode and Wizards to be turned off completely for things like this. Or at the least, since you mentioned this particular setting is stored with each form post, a "Disable Visual/Wizard Mode" setting in the Edit Form page would suffice in this case, so that it can be turned off on a per form basis.

Cheers,
Jeff Safire
–––––––––––

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

For the form itself and a "Disable Visual/Wizard Mode" setting would be redundant, because that's what the Expert mode switch is, just with a different label.

As for a global setting, well, the place to file such a request would be https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

I'll leave this as awaiting feedback from you, and you can update when you have anything to share about the testing, let me know how it goes.

My issue is not quite resolved now, but I will suggest a new feature for this issue. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.