Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] CRED field error with a period in WP username?

This support ticket is created hace 4 años, 10 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 4 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by jeffS-2 hace 4 años, 9 meses.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Autor
Screen Shot 2019-06-29 at 5.50.15 PM.png

I am trying to:
Create a Change_My_Email form.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link
(requires login)

I expected to see:
I want to show the user their current WP username (but of course, not changeable.) It gets retrieved with wpv-current-user... but after entering a new email address and Submitting, an error occurs because username contains a period. All usernames for this site contain periods between firstname and lastname. How can I make the form validation ignore this?

Thanks,
Jeff
----------------

Hi, thanks for the report. I can replicate this on my own local environment so it looks like our team may need to update that validation algorithm. I'm submitting this information to my 2nd tier supporters for more in-depth investigation. I'll let you know what I find out. For the time being, you can bypass this problem by using the "Expert mode" Form editor. Delete the cred_field shortcode that corresponds to the user login, and the error should stop being shown. If you'd like to display the User's username in the Form without the cred_field, use the Fields and Views button to insert the User login shortcode.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

Hi, I'm told this has been permanently resolved in Forms 2.5, which is now available for download and should be available shortly for automatic update.

Great, Christian.
Thank you for following up!

Jeff Safire

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.