Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Content not saved in WYSIWYG field

Este hilo está resuelto. Aquí tiene una descripción del problema y la solución.

Problem:
The content of WYSIWYG fields are lost upon saving.

Solution:
This is a bug that was introduced by WP 5.8 and fixed in WP 5.8.1.

This support ticket is created hace 2 años, 6 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

This topic contains 2 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Simon hace 2 años, 6 meses.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Autor

I am trying to: Save contents in a WYSIWYG field on a custom post type

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (password protected post, password is 'toolset')

I expected to see: Contents of WYSIWYG field displayed below 'Recommended on' date

Instead, I got:
When I enter my text in the field in Visual mode and Publish the post, the text is missing when the editor interface reloads. If I enter in Text mode and Publish / Update the content is not lost. If I enter in Text mode and switch to Visual mode, the content stays in place.

I have tried:
- Disabling all plugins except Types and Blocks
- Switching to a standard WP theme

These didn't change the behaviour. This looks like an out-and-out bug to me.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Francés (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+00:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting Toolset support.

Our developers are aware of issues that appeared on WYSIWYG editors after WP 5.8. We fixed a bug in Types 3.4.14, but we are still working on some cases. This bug appears for post types that do not activate the Editor option. As a workaround, please enable it on the post type and let us know if it fixes the issue. Check this screenshot hidden link

If that does not help, we'll need to take a copy of your website and give it to the developers for further analysis. Let us know if that would be fine with you!

That does resolve the issue, although I will have to make sure the client knows we're not using the Editor for anything!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.