Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] CLS issues with Toolset block styles

This support ticket is created hace 2 años, 7 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by Waqar hace 2 años, 6 meses.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Autor

Any styling that I add through a Toolset block loads after the content of the page loads. In fact, even Toolset's column blocks are loading late. This causes everything to shift around a bunch in the first second of loading the page and this is getting picked up by Google Search Console.

Is there any way to make the styling load earlier?

I built the majority of my site through blocks and it's going to be a nightmare to have to go back through everything and replace the styling with classes and CSS.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Charlie

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

The problem arises because when building the page, by the time the process gets to the content on the page, including the blocks with their styling, we are already in the html body.

But CSS in the body is invalid HTML.

Hence the CSS is added to the body not as style blocks but inside a div, which is then hoisted into a style block in the page head by js when the page loads.

It is not an elegant solution, but deemed necessary by the developers so that sites using Toolset pass HTML validation, which they would otherwise fail.

I'm afraid there isn't any setting available to disable this.

Ouch. This sounds messy. What a shame. It sounds like I'm going to have to rebuild some areas of the site. Do you know if Elementor uses this same approach?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thanks for writing back.

I've seen a setting in Elementor where its CSS code can be combined into a single CSS file. But, to be absolutely sure, I'll recommend getting in touch with their official support team, too.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.