Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Clickable list of locations below map – revisited

This support ticket is created hace 7 años. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Nigel hace 7 años.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Autor
New Developments.png

This is a follow-up of an existing query (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/clickable-list-of-locations-below-map/) which was resolved by Christian Cox…

My client has now come back to me and asked if it is possible to have 2 separate listings under the same map. Instead of just 'New Developments', they would like "Current Developments" and "Future Developments".

Hopefully they could both be from the same CPT (New Developments), with an extra field to differentiate between 'current' and 'future'. I had a look at my existing code to see if I could see an easy way to integrate this, but I can't see a way to display two separate listings on the same map.

The live web page with the existing map can be seen at – hidden link

I hope that this may be possible to do on a single map. Any pointers as to how I would go about it would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Craig

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Craig

Sorry for the delay in someone getting back to you, our automatic assignment system seems to be having a few hiccups and your question was in limbo.

I take it you have a single View which is displaying both the map and the list.

Yes, you can add a custom field to distinguish current and future developments.

You could display all of the developments on the same map and in the same list and style them differently (e.g. a different coloured marker and a matching colour text in the list), using conditional statements to test the custom field and display an alternate marker shortcode or add different classes to your text output in the list.

If you want the lists to physically isolate the current and future developments (for example, into two separate columns) then you would need to think through the CSS to achieve that (e.g. floating one to the left, the other to the right), or create two separate views to output each type individually.

Here's the documentation about using the conditional shortcode: https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-html-output-in-views/

If you need some specific help implementing it let me know.

Hi Nigel,

Thank you for your reply. I will take a look at your suggestions and get back to my client to see which one they would prefer.

I will get back to you if I need any further input/help.

Kind regards,
Craig

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

No problem, keep me posted.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.