Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Can't add new data. Just refreshes the page and directs me to edit layout.

This support ticket is created hace 2 años, 12 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Etiquetado: ,

This topic contains 4 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by Minesh hace 2 años, 11 meses.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Autor

AG

Tell us what you are trying to do? I'm trying to add a new "Speaker" as I set it up previously and used to be able to add new custom post type data a few months ago, but now I cannot.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No, I've just started doing it the way I have always done it.

Is there a similar example that we can see? No.

What is the link to your site? Just my website: hidden link

What is happening is, I go to add my new speaker to my speaker website and after loading the post type to fill in the details it will refresh the page and direct me to the "Edit Layout" for my "Speakers Layout" however it is a blank one and not the actual one for the layout. It doesn't show any of the set up I have previously done for my speakers. If you view any of my speakers on the front end you will see that it formatted in a way to display different information for the speaker in different sections and columns. So you can see the info formatted properly but it seems I can't add new speakers or update old ones.

I was thinking it's about time to update my plugin as it says this under the Toolset Layouts plugin line - "There is a new version of Toolset Types available. View version 3.4.7 details or update now" but when I go to update it says "Update failed: undefined"

So I'm at a loss of what to do at this point without ruining what I've done to my current speakers and how to test this.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Lets go step by step. Its important first to update the plugins to it's latest official release version.

Can you please share admin access details so I can check first why you are not able to update the plugins to latest version.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've updated all the Toolset plugins to it's latest official released version and on single speaker page its displaying the content.
=> hidden link

Can you please tell me where exactly the issue is? Maybe you can share steps that I can use to see the issue.

AG

It seems to be working now! Thank you. How were you able to update the plugins?

Minesh
Supporter

Glad to know that its working as expected now.

I updated plugins by registering a new site key, updated plugins and then removed the site key.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.