Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] Alphabetical radio selection of custom taxonomy

This support ticket is created hace 2 años, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 respuestas, has 3 mensajes.

Last updated by Luo Yang hace 2 años, 2 meses.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Autor

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a custom taxonomy.
I want to have the page with an alphabetical filter (search) at the top, so you click a letter and all the categories beginning with that letter are displayed.

Is this possible? If not, are you able to suggest a way it can be done?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English ) Español (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

I think if you wanted to implement something like this you would need to add a hierarchy to your existing taxonomy such that the top level was letters of the alphabet, and then the second level were the terms you now have (the judges names).

Then you could have a page with a taxonomy View that queried just the top level of this judges taxonomy (i.e. it would return 'A', 'B', 'C', etc.) and in the output section it where these were displayed they would link to the taxonomy archive for those terms.

On those archive pages where it was a top level archive it would show a taxonomy View with a query filter for the parent term so that it would only show child terms of the current archive term (e.g. show terms beginning with A), and then those would link to the archives which actually output the posts as you have now.

You'd likely need to use some conditional sections to determine what to output when.

Does that sound like a route you could want to choose?

Sounds workable but I'm trying to get my head around displaying the taxonomies (my nightmare LOL!)
I can't see how this is done in block views, does that mean I have to do a legacy view?
Can you point me in the right direction, is there a tutorial?

Hello,

Yes, it needs to use classic editor(legacy view) to setup the taxonomy view.

In your case, it needs a nested views, for example:
1) Parent taxonomy view:
- Query terms of your custom taxonomy
- Filter by:
Select taxonomy terms whose parent is None.
- In view's loop, display term's information + below child taxonomy view
2) Child taxonomy view:
- Query terms of your custom taxonomy
- Filter by:
Select taxonomy terms whose parent is the value set by the parent view.
- In view's loop, display term's information

Edit the page you mentioned above, display above parent taxonomy view's shortcode, like this:
[wpv-view name="parent-taxonomy-view-slug"]

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/views-shortcodes/#wpv-view

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.