Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] 1 to many

This support ticket is created hace 2 años. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

This topic contains 11 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by jillT hace 2 años.

Assisted by: Shane.

Autor

I have a one (CPT - Designs) to many (WC products) relationship.
I display the many (products) on the Design post

I want to have a link on the products to its Design post
Is this possible, or do I have to do it manually?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jill,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Are you referring to displaying the product's parent data ?

If so then you will perhaps need to create a custom template for your products and include its parent data there. It is essentially a manual process.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane.
Thanks, but no.

On the product page I only want a link to the related page. ie "Find more products with this design" and that would link to the related 'design' post

I have a custom woocommerce single template and that link would be placed on that, to save time on adding it manually - which I may forget to do!!

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jill,

Since you have a custom woocommerce template then you can use this to add the link.

echo do_shortcode("[wpv-post-link item='@{relationship-slug}.parent']");

WHere you're going to replace {relationship-slug} with the actual slug of the relationship. This can be added directly to the php template that you're using.

Thanks,
Shane

I'm not using a php template as such, but template for products within toolset and using blocks, so how can I add the php you gave?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jill,

The method is essentially the same.

You will either user a single field block to add the URL and then select your parent post type like our tutorial below.
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/displaying-related-posts/#displaying-one-related-item-parent

OR you can simply use this shortcode.
[wpv-post-link item='@{relationship-slug}.parent']

Please let me know if this helps.
Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane

So, from what you have said, I take it that I can only have a link with the post title on.
I can't have specific wording with a link (as per my reply above #2338953)?

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jill,

I was assuming that you only wanted the link itself , however you can specify the text with the link if you use this shortcode.
[wpv-post-url]

This will give you the raw URL for the page and you can construct your link like this.

<a href="[wpv-post-url item='@{relationship-slug}.parent']">My Link Text</a>

Thanks,
Shane

Unfortunately that does not work, it's merely a link to the product page it's on, not the 'parent' in the relationship.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jill,

Would you mind allowing me to have admin access to the website so that I can have a more detailed look at this for you ?

Please where applicable please provide me with a link to an example page where I can see the issue.

I've enabled the private fields for your next response.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jill,

This should be fixed now. The issue was with the code.

This is what you had

<p><strong><a href="[wpv-post-url item='@{design-product}.parent']">See all products with this design</a></strong></p>

This is what it should've been.

<p><strong><a href="[wpv-post-url item='@design-product.parent']">See all products with this design</a></strong></p>

Notice i've removed the {} from the slug of the @design-product.parent slug.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks Shane. Yes, I had copied and pasted your first code which had the brackets 🙂
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.