Skip Navigation

[Resuelto] When Woocommerce Views is activated, my single-product template stops working.

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.
This support ticket is created hace 9 años, 2 meses. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 9:00 – 18:00 -
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Etiquetado: 

This topic contains 5 respuestas, has 2 mensajes.

Last updated by boyanB hace 9 años, 1 mes.

Assisted by: Waqas.

Autor

I am trying to: use views to display information from custom WooCommerce queries on a test site, to be deployed on a live site when resolved.

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: The product page with its original styling (margin around the post, sidebar included).

Instead, I got: It looks like it's just pure content with no wrapper, plus the sidebar is glitched out and displaying "About This Sidebar
To edit this sidebar, go to admin backend's Appearance -> Widgets and place widgets into the Pages Sidebar Widget Area" (There is nothing there).

When I turn off WooCommerce Views, the template goes back to normal.

Am I missing something in the plugin? I don't want it to overwrite my single-product.php and remove my sidebar! But I want to be able to use WooCommerce Views' product variables. Any thoughts or tricks?

Waqas
Supporter

Languages: Inglés (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Can you please try with a default theme of Word Press (i.e. Twenty Fifteen or earlier)? So we can assess if this is some compatibility issue with your theme or is a problem itself with the plugin.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything related, thanks.

Waqas
Supporter

One of our senior developers, also suggests the followings, please consider:

"I think the client didn't select his own single-product.php template in the WC Views backend, as a result. The default templates are loaded (either from WC Views or from core WC), I assume our client has its own single-product.php inside his theme because he is mentioning something like 'I don't want it to overwrite my single-product.php'.

WC VIews can display this PHP template on the WC Views backend. (under 'Product template file'). Client will simply select it and he can continue customizing the product pages by assigning 'Content Templates to WC products post type.

Also as a tip, when any site overrides WC Templates inside the theme, 'single-product.php' needs to be placed inside a 'WooCommerce' directory inside the theme. So the correct path should be '/client-theme/woocommerce/single-product.php'."

I hope this can help solve this issue too, with your own theme.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything related.

27-02-2015 9-46-56 AM.png

Thank-you very much for your thoughts Waqas! We've activated the Layouts plugin (since the theme Kallyas supports bootstrap.css) and that gives us the extra control we need on the single page layout which we're now re-styling, so we're good there.

Waqas, we're just unsure why the site's still prompting us about a sidebar at the bottom. See screenshot.
Any thoughts?

Waqas
Supporter

Thank you for your feedback, I am glad that it resolved the issue.

About that sidebar notice, that's a generic notice by your theme. Since your theme supports a sidebar in that area and it assumes that you may want to use this. That's why it's just showing a reminder. As you go to the Widgets Area and add a widget for that sidebar, the notice will disappear and your widget will take the place.

However, if you don't want to place any widget in that area and don't want to use the sidebar, either you will need to use another template for this particular page. All you need to look into your theme's documentation that how you can use different (supported) templates offered by your theme.

Thanks Waqas. I think we're good now! Cheers, Boyan

El foro ‘Types Community Support’ está cerrado y no se permiten nuevos debates ni respuestas.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.