Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Types Beaver Themer integration

This support ticket is created 6 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Beda 6 years, 8 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I'd like to suggest that Toolset create a Beaver Themer add-on plugin similar to what Pods has created. This would allow for connectivity between Types multiple image custom fields and Beaver Builder image gallery output modules. Most Types custom fields work well with BB, but the image custom fields do not.

Here is Beaver Builders response when I asked them about connectivity with Types custom fields...

Thank you for contacting Beaver Builder.

As far as I am aware Beaver Themer is already compatible with Toolset custom fields. You can learn more in the link below. 🙂

hidden link

In regards to integration similar to Advanced Custom Fields and Pods, the Pods development team added integration themselves with their Beaver Themer add-on plugin which I've linked below. I will mention this to our developers, but I believe this is something the Toolset development team would need to, similar to what the Pods dev team did. 🙂

https://wordpress.org/plugins/pods-beaver-builder-themer-add-on/

We do not anymore create AddOns to integrate other Themes.

Toolset is fully compatible with any theme - but from now on, you cannot edit anymore the whole template, instead, only the_content(), unless you use Custom Coding.

We even obsoleted (this is an ongoing process) the already existing Integration Plugins with DIVI, AVADA, and so on, becuase layouts is now compatible with any theme, when it comes to edit the_content().
More powerful integration has to be dpone with Custom Code.

Most Types custom fields work well with BB, but the image custom fields do not.

Please can you elaborate the exact steps I need to take to see the issue?
It seems rather a BUG or compatibility conflict, and I would like to solve it, instead of just produce a generic integration, since all works great already, it seems this is an exception that we can handle.

Thank you for your additional informations.

Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 9.50.55 AM copy.jpg
Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 9.48.51 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 11.57.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-07-01 at 11.58.30 AM.png

It appears that nearly all Types custom fields work within Beaver Themer modules, with the exception of Types repeating image custom fields. Single image fields will connect with BB modules, but they do not work when set to repeating.

The steps within a Beaver Themer Single Post Theme Layout are:
- select: add content
- choose: "attached image" or "gallery" modules
- under General Setting > Photo setting choose: Post Custom Field > Connect
- enter Types repeating image custom field key

I would be great if you're team could figure out how to connect Types repeating image fields, or resolve the BUG.

If you discover that this kind of Types field is not compatible, then I guess this is somewhat related to my other support thread: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/development-roadmap/ I wish there was a Types gallery custom field (multiple image upload) that offered greater functionality and/or better integration with native WP media library, which most 3rd party gallery plugins use.

Attached are some screen grabs of a BB "attached images" module, as well as a "gallery" module. Types repeating image custom fields do not work when entered in the "post custom field" input area.

I seem to need a paid copy of the mentioned theme if you refer to this one:
hidden link

Please share it with me, using Google Drive.
Zip the Theme and share the link with me, the setting can be "Share with anyone who has this link".
I will enable a Private Reply so only you and me, can see it

Then, I can make the needed tests and we can help you solve the issue ASAP.

Thank you

The only Advanced Module I have is the "Sidebar".
What do I need to do to see the mentioned modules "Gallery" or "Attached Image"?

I have your Beaver Themer and the free Beaver Builder installed.
Do I need the pro Beaver Builder?
Then, I need that as well in a Google drive ZIP, if possible

Thank you.

We will not add new features to the "integration" with Beaver Builder.

We will do everything we can to support you as an user.
For deeper integration with Beaver Builder, we need the support and active cooperation of BB development team, which unfortuantely is not granted by Beaver Builder anymore.
Even without this support, we will do whatever we can to ensure that existing designs don't break and existing functionality remains working.

Butwe cannot add new features.

Adding Repeating Image Fields there is not possible, because Beaver Builder expects a certain structure that we do not provide.
The error is:

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /wp-content/plugins/bb-plugin/modules/gallery/gallery.php on line 87

What you can do is insert the Repeating Image of Types with the GUI to a Text or HTML section:

[types field='image-repeat' alt='%%ALT%%' title='%%TITLE%%' size='full' align='none' separator=' '][/types]

Repeating Types Image Fields cannot really be used for galleries, for galleries you should build a View and call the Images there.
If you want to build a Gallery of Repeating Image Fields with Toolset, you can follow this Post:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/create-wp-gallery-from-multiple-image-field/
(there are others as well)

The intention of integration with Beaver Builder is also not intended to be used on Single Pages or Posts, but on a entire Content Template. This I add just for your information, in case you stumble over other kind of issues.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.