Skip Navigation

[Resolved] JavaScript jQuery Error / Conflict In WP Admin Dashboard Caused By CRED?

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by richardS-7 7 years, 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Luo Yang.

Author
javascript error when CRED enabled.jpg

I am trying to: use Types, Views and CRED alongside Geo My WordPress Plugin

I expected to see: Everything working OK in WP Admin Dashboard (Add / Edit Post)

Instead, I got:

TypeError: m.easing[this.easing] is not a function

...return this.pos=b=this.options.duration?m.easing[this.easing](a,this.options.dur...

load-sc...ver=4.1 (line 4, col 196)
POST hidden link

load-sc...ver=4.1 (line 4)

TypeError: m.easing[this.easing] is not a function

...return this.pos=b=this.options.duration?m.easing[this.easing](a,this.options.dur...

-------------------------------

I've disabled all plugins and enabled them one-by-one.

When I disable CRED, all works OK. When I enable CRED, I get the above error (shown on the attached screenshot). This stops Geo My WordPress from working, but also prevents me from opening the 'Screen Options' menu at the top of the WP Admin Add / Edit Post Page.

Any help eliminating this error would be greatly appreciated.

To confirm, I have disabled CRED and everything in my WP Dashboard works OK - no JavaScript errors or strange behaviour. When I enable CRED, I get JavaScript errors.

When I disable Geo My WordPress, CRED works fine. Would it be possible to help me resolve this conflict please?

Luo Yang
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Chinese (Simplified) (简体中文 )

Timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Since it is a compatibility problem, could you post a downloadable URL for the Geo My WordPress plugin, and describe detail steps to duplicate same problem in a fresh wordpress installation, I need duplicate it and debug in my localhost. thanks

Hi Luoy,

Thank you for your reply and offer of assistance.

I've asked the plugin creator or Geo My WordPress to look at my site and see what the issue is, but so far despite trying we have been unable to find the cause of the issue due to the amount of JS files in the CRED plugin.

You can download Geo My WordPress from here: https://wordpress.org/plugins/geo-my-wp/

If you need login and FTP to my site please let me know and I can put them into this thread privately.

Many thanks,

Richard

Luo Yang
Supporter

Please try duplicate same problem in a test site, and fill below private detail box with login details, also point out the problem page URL, thanks.

Luo Yang
Supporter

Thanks for the details, I can log into your website, when I try to add a post of "Directory Listing" or a post of "Activity", I can not find the 'Locate Me' button, and there isn't JS errors in my chrome browser.
hidden link domain name/wp-admin/post-new.php?post_type=activity
hidden link domain name/wp-admin/post-new.php?post_type=directory-listing
As you mentioned above, this is a live site, so I did not change any thing, if you can describe detail steps to duplicate same problem, it will help us to locate and debug the problem, thanks

GMW JQuery UI Error (Chrome) (CRED Enabled).jpg
GMW JQuery UI Error (Chrome) (CRED Disabled).jpg

Hi Louy, Thank you for looking into this for me. I didn't notice but somehow GMW had disassociated itself from the custom post types I need it to work on. I've now set Geo My WordPress to work once more.

Please feel free to disable / enable both CRED, CRED Commerce and GMW as we're not actively using them at the moment.

I've attached screenshots showing where this error happens and the error message itself, in Chrome. This also happens in FireFox and I presume other browsers.

Luo Yang
Supporter

Thanks for the feedback, I can see the problem in your website, I am trying to debug in your website, will feedback if there is any found

Luo Yang
Supporter

Thanks for the details, I have been able to duplicate same problem, by exporting the setting files Types and Geo My WordPress from your website to my localhost, and put it into our to-do list, our developers will take care of it.

Thanks you Luoy for looking into this for me.

I look forward to the update that will resolve this.

Richard