Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Getting Toolset updates while blocking external http requests

The Toolset Community Forum is closed, for technical support questions, please head on to our Toolset Professional Support (for paid clients), with any pre-sale or admin question please contact us here.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have blocked external http requests using 'WP_HTTP_BLOCK_EXTERNAL' for security reasons. I would like to be able to whitelist any URLs necessary for automatic updates to the Toolset plugin suite using 'WP_ACCESSIBLE_HOSTS'. Which domains should I include?

Solution: You should allow access to api.wp-types.com and d7j863fr5jhrr.cloudfront.net

This support ticket is created 6 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.
This is the community support forum for Types plugin, which is part of Toolset. Toolset is a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients and people who registered for Types community support can post in it.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Alexander von Freeden 6 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hi,

I'm taking over maintenance of this new site using Toolset. For security reasons, I'm blocking external HTTP requests in my wp-config.php with this:

define( 'WP_HTTP_BLOCK_EXTERNAL', true );

And I am whitelisting hosts with this:
define( 'WP_ACCESSIBLE_HOSTS', ...)

As far as I know updates for WPML come through this URL:
d2salfytceyqoe.cloudfront.net

Is Toolset using a different address for this?

Cheers & thanks

Alex

Hi, I'm not sure about that so I've asked my second tier support team for some additional information. Please stand by and I will update you when I get their feedback.

Thanks for your patience. Our Systems team just let me know that these two domains should be whitelisted for Types plugin updates:
<ol>

• api.wp-types.com
  • d7j863fr5jhrr.cloudfront.net
  • </ol>

Hi Christian,

great, thanks!

Cheers!

The forum ‘Types Community Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.