Skip Navigation

[Résolu] [wpv-post-url] missing .html when permalink set with .html extension

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Caridad Il y a 7 années et 11 mois.

Assigned support staff: Caridad.

Auteur
Publications

Hello,

I've set permalinks to /%postname.html but when I display a posts URL via [wpv-post-url] it just show /%postname/

I thought one solution would be to add a new shortcode adding the ".html" to all links. But then I need to change all [wpv-post-url] shortcodes to this new one, also I have to set the post ID for every link.

How can I use [wpv-post-url] and have the .html shown with my URL's?

Dear Daniel,

This is working fine over here. Can you try saving permalinks a couple of times? there is no need to make any changes there.

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

I found that custom post types only are affected. Pages do work fine the the .html extension. I checked all plugins that could have effect on it as well as the function.php (where I removed custom post type slug removal). When i enable wp debug there is nothing specific about that. Do you have an idea how to find out what's going on here?

Dear Daniel,

That is the way WordPress works. See the "rewrite" section here:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/register_post_type

Please let me know if you are satisfied with my answer and if I can help you with any other questions you might have.

Regards,
Caridad

Hi Caridad,

I tried

add_action( 'rewrite_rules_array', 'rewrite_rules' );
function rewrite_rules( $rules ) {
    $new_rules = array();
    foreach ( get_post_types() as $t )
        $new_rules[ $t . '/([^/]+)\.html$' ] = 'index.php?post_type=' . $t . '&name=$matches[1]';
    return $new_rules + $rules;
}

add_filter( 'post_type_link', 'custom_post_permalink' ); // for cpt post_type_link (rather than post_link)
function custom_post_permalink ( $post_link ) {
    global $post;
    $type = get_post_type( $post->ID );
    return home_url( $type . '/' . $post->post_name . '.html' );
}

add_filter( 'redirect_canonical', '__return_false' );

http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/59024/add-html-dot-html-extension-to-custom-post-types

It's working now.

Dear Daniel,

Thanks for getting back to us with a workaround.

Regards,
Caridad