Skip Navigation

[Résolu] When I use the filters the columns are no longer even

This support ticket is created Il y a 8 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by OliverJ8211 Il y a 8 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Beda.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to: Make it so the columns stay even when I use the filters.

I visited this URL: hidden link and use any of the filters.

I expected to see: 2 equal columns

Instead, I got: what looks like a 75% and 25% columns instead of 50/50.

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum

What do you use for that Columns?

Is it a View with a Bootstrap Table set with the "Loop Wizard"?

You can edit the "td" elements in the Content template that it generates.

You could then add a Class to the td, as shown here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15115052/bootstrap-how-to-set-up-fixed-width-for-td

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Thank you for your patience.

I've tried that but then it stays as 2 columns in mobile. I know I can add an @ media query to then fix the mobile. But the whole point of using the bootstrap grid is that it does the responsiveness and columns for you.

Great. I just edited the loop and it replaced my content template. Now I have to code the entire design all over again.

Luckily I had a back up of the shortcodes used in the template. But when I adjust the loop output it should not replace my content template. And a heads up would have been nice.

I forgot to say Thank You. Thank You.

I apologize the delay here

Exactly as you say it above, "the whole point of using the bootstrap grid is that it does the responsiveness and columns for you".

This is why Bootstrap is adjusting the Width dynamically to fit your content.

I am not sure why your default Columns are not same width out of the box, as by default, it would have the same width and adjust both on smaller screens.
Please acknowledge the Bootstrap Columns can look differently on Smaller Screens.

Would you like to describe exactly how you want your Columns to look?
Then I can get some access to your site and try to implement a example View for you?

Would that be a good offer?

I would need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site
- preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible -
in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed

Your next answer will be private which means only you and I have access to it.

❌ Please backup your database and website ❌

✙ I would, if possible, need access to a site where only a minimal set of Plugins and a default theme is active.
This to avoid eventual compatibility issues with other software.

✙ Please add the Links to:

- The Views Edit Screen

- The Page/Post where you insert the View

- The corresponding Front End Page/Screen

- Please describe exactly how you want your Table to look alike

PS:
If you edit the Loop with the Loop Wizard it will automatically replace the Loop and Content Template content.
However, if you fell like it's not what you want, and you still are in the same Session (you don't close the View Edit screen) you can simply put your cursor in the Editor and hit CMD + Z
(Command + letter "Z")
This will revert back to what was previously coded.

Thank you for your patience.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.