Skip Navigation

[Résolu] When creating a new post with cred, select author

This support ticket is created Il y a 4 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 5 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Ido Angel Il y a 4 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications

Hey,
Is it possible to choose the author of a cp when creating it on the front end?
I need the admin, when creating a new post, to be able to select its author from the user list.
Thx!

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ido,

I saw that you got disconnected.

The link you provided is when they have their authors as custom post Types. This way they can link the CPT using the post relationships.

Otherwise from this a pure custom solution would be needed.

Thanks,
Shane

Hey again,
Sorry for disconnecting..
I see your point. You said that if I update each user that registers manually somewhere, I can achieve that.
What would be the workflow, then?
Thx!
Ido

Dear Shane -

How about to create a cpt of authors, and, once a user registers, insert a hidden "create new author" cred form which populate itself with the username of the author and connect it in relationship to the registered user?
and then, when a new order is created, have it tied in relationship to the author which has the same slug as the current user?

Could this work?

Cheers,
Ido

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Ido,

"cred form which populate itself with the username of the author and connect it in relationship to the registered user?
and then, when a new order is created, have it tied in relationship to the author which has the same slug as the current user?"

This can work but it will involve the use of custom coding to achieve.

I think it will be much easier to allow the user to create their use account with basic fields. Then after they have created their account, they can log in and then create an author profile in the CPT.

Then this Profile will be connected to the Posts through a post relationship. So whenever the Admin is creating a new post, they can select the author through a relationship field.

Thanks,
Shane

Thanks, Shane!
Users are dentists, so, with no offence, are not expected to be form-friendly 🙂 So I need this automated.
But I'll try to figure it out.
Cheers
Ido

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.