Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Views & SEO-friendly Pagination

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 7 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by George Il y a 7 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

I have a regular view in a layout for a WordPress Archive page because it used to be the only way to have infinite scroll pagination. Now that WordPress Archive Views supports this feature, I started to compare the two and found something strange. Both view types display pagination correctly in the page's source code - for example:

<link rel="canonical" href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" />
<link rel="prev" href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" />
<link rel="next" href="<em><u>hidden link</u></em>" />

HOWEVER, when you manually go to these pages (as search robots would), the regular view shows the exact same 12 posts (I have show 12 posts set) on each 'page'

The WordPress Archive View, however, does in fact show different posts on different pages.

Is this a bug or an intended feature? I am stuck in a bit of a hard place because SEO is important, but my view also needs the layout and filters split up, which the WordPress Archive View may not support yet (I just asked this in another thread).

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi George

Those pagination links are generated by the theme and won't necessarily work correctly with your views. They appear in the header before the rest of the page is generated, and Views has no way of controlling them, and there are sundry complications that can arise because a page can contain multiple views, and which view should the header pagination links refer to etc.

This was one of the key motivations for adding custom WordPress archives to Views where all of the pagination and SEO issues can be handled correctly.

Unfortunately, that doesn't help with your other ticket.

Thanks, Nigel! I'm going to try to switch over to the archive view then

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.