Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Views plugin disables standard WordPress editor

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 5 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 4 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Jeroen Il y a 7 années et 5 mois.

Assisted by: Shane.

Auteur
Publications
Edit Page ‹ Clare Local Development Company — WordPress.png

I am trying to: edit a standard page's text

I visited this URL: hidden link

I expected to see: the standard WordPress editor with Tinymce button bar

Instead, I got: A blank editor. Disabling the Views plugin solves the problem

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jeroen,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

As I'm not able replicate this on a fresh install I suspect that this is because of another plugin interfering.

What I recommend that you do is to temporarily disable all of your non-toolset plugins and check the editor again.

Once you have done this please let me know if the problem still remains.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane

I disabled all non toolset plugins and the problem is still there. When I disable only the Views plugin the WordPress editor and button bar are there again.

I then tried to run the website with the default 2016 theme, because the Views plugin might also clash with my theme (Brandon) although it never did before. But this didn't resolve the problem.

it appears to me that the problem does reside with the Views plugin, because disabling this plugin does solve the problem.

I also tried numerous times to update the Views plugin and I never succeeded. The website is registered but I can't update the plugin through the built in update system. Maybe an answer can be found there?

Shane
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jeroen,

I took a look at this again and noticed that you are currently running php version 5.4 .

I would personally recommend updating the php version 5.6 as it provides best compatibility with numerous amount of plugins and it is also the recommended version to run wordpress.

Please try this and let me know if it helps.

Thanks,
Shane

I updated the PHP version, but that still didn't work. What I did then is to upload the latest version of Views 2.2.1 to the server and overwrite the current version 2.2.

This resolved the problem.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.