Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Views Output Ignores Post Relationship (Output Displayed In All Custom Posts)

This support ticket is created Il y a 7 années et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Marqué : 

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by julieP Il y a 7 années et 8 mois.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Auteur
Publications

I have a custom post called 'listings'. I've created a custom post called 'reviews'. 'Reviews' is set as a child of 'Listings'. I've created a post form using CRED for users to submit reviews which includes the dropdown list to select the parent listing. I've created a View to display these reviews within listings. I've used the CRED form to submit a few sample reviews to test it works. In each sample the parent listing has been selected. In each case, the review shows the correct parent listing within admin control panel. However, all reviews are appearing within all listings.

What settings do I need to check please?

I would expect to have to make the output in Views conditional on the parent listing (set in the review) matching the post title so that only reviews for that listing are displayed but the fields aren't available.

Many thanks

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As I understand you want to display related parent post of your child review post?

Have you look at this Doc:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/displaying-fields-of-parent-pages/

Actually the requirement is for the other way round: display contents of child post in related parent post. I found the answer in this document and it now works:-

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/display-fields-table-content-using-views-or-the-types-api/

(I wouldn't have thought to look at it as the title didn't seem relevant).

Thanks for your help

Hi Minesh

Can you check for me please why I'm unable to access the members-only forum even though I'm logged in?

Many thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.