Skip Navigation

[Résolu] views-extra-css-ie7 and extra CSS added for maps

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
How to remove unwanted CSS added to the page by Toolset Maps on pages where maps are not used?

Solution:
It is currently not possible.

We have an internal project to review how we add styles and scripts to give more user control so that they can be disabled where needed.

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Taiko Il y a 6 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications
2018-02-22 13_18_40-https___beta.rykon.ca_.png

I see that there is some injected code in the footer for the maps. Now, I don't have any maps on this page. I actually only use the maps on 1 page.

Is there a filter that we can use to get rid of this extra code in my footer? I looked through the source and didn't see anything. So i'm hoping that you can help clarify for me. If there is an option here to do so, that would be amazing. I understand that by removing this could break some features, but i'm looking to improve my site code some more, and would like to clean this up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Justin

This has come up a few times in the past, so I'm familiar with it.

The way the styles are added there is currently no way to dequeue them by adding a snippet of code, for example, and there are no such options available.

This will get some attention as part of a wider effort to look at giving more control to users about what styles and scripts are added to which pages.

As a general rule, many such scripts, such as the Views pagination script, are added to all pages because they need adding at a time in the page-building process before we know whether they are needed or not (e.g. there could be such a View in a footer widget). After several requests the developers agreed to take another look at this.

As you probably know they have had their hands full for some time working on the new post relationships and repeating field groups features, but once the production versions of these are shipped they will turn to the requested features and begin work on them.

I am adding your voice to this request, and, as an aside, you may like to know that we are also working on a system to publish feature requests so that clients can vote on them, which will hopefully be out before too long.

Thanks Nigel.
Ideally for a quick fix, it would be awesome to just have a action/filter here and then be able to remove that.

A fancy solution down the line is great, but a major +1 for a quick fix in the upcoming release.
So that it can be manually dequeued/deregistered until then.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.