Skip Navigation

[Résolu] Views: Display Taxonomy, ordered by "Taxonomy Order"

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by webD-3 Il y a 5 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

I am using Post Types Order plugin to re-order the terms in a custom taxonomy.

When displaying these terms via Views, the Order By options are:

Term ID, Post count, Term name, Term slug, Term group, No order

There is no option to order by "menu order" as there is when displaying Posts.

Is there a way that I can display these terms in the order that's been set via Post Types Order?

Are you referring to their advanced plugin, or their sister product Category Order and Taxonomy Terms Order?
https://wordpress.org/plugins/taxonomy-terms-order/

Unfortunately there's not a way for Views to directly access values from the Category Order and Taxonomy Terms Order plugin. They are stored in the terms table, not as termmeta. Toolset can order by termmeta (term custom fields), but not these special values stored by the 3rd-party plugin.

You are correct, it is Category Order and Taxonomy Terms Order.

Actually, I have found that selecting "Term group" in the Order By dropdown actually gives me the results I am looking for. At least for the initial taxonomy terms that I'm starting with.

I also see how I can use ACF to create a term custom field. Should the "Term group" prove not to be a suitable longterm solution, once additional terms are introduced, I will use the term custom field.

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.