Skip Navigation

[Résolu] views – block – Pagination – featured image as background only showing on first

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 9 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 10 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Christian Cox Il y a 3 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications
slide.png
featuredImage.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have created a slideshow with views/blocks and set the featured image to be the background on the container. It will only show the background of the first slide. All other slides do not receive a background image. Inspecting css I see that the section the slideshow background does in fact pull the featured image for the first slide, but does not pull it for the other slides: wp-block-toolset-blocks-container tb-container tb-container-parallax

Hi, I'll be glad to help figure this out. I can see some JavaScript errors in the browser console when I try to visit this page, and I need to rule those out as potential conflicts. Is it possible to temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types and Views, deactivate any custom code you may have active, and activate a default theme like Twenty Twenty for testing purposes? Then test the slider View again and let me know if the mising background images begin to appear, or if they remain hidden.

Let me know what you find out and we can go from there.

Christian,
Thanks for looking at this. I did what you said and deactivated and switch to twentytwienty. I put the slide into a sub page and it worked.

Next: I switched all plugin back on, and it still works. Next I switched back to my theme. It is broken on the home page, but works on the sub-page: /test-slide-show
I have removed personal js pages and the homepage sidebar still broken on homepage.

All plugins but toolset are off again. Just have my theme going (home slide not working) .

Also, Ill add to my other ticket shortly, but the licence feature is still broken after server admin unblocked outgoing.

I'm checking the homepage now and I can see background images on all the slides at the top. Can you clear your browser cache and reload the homepage?

So I got the slider to work by putting in the block in the template by removing widget area and placing the view in directly: $slide = array('title' => 'Homepage Featured' ); echo render_view( $slide );

For some reason, it does not work if placed as a widget (views block). Just to test, I switched the theme to twentytwenty and put the slide into the footer 1 spot. The slide works just like my theme.. 1 good slide, next slides images do not show. So not sure if it is how I build the view/block or bug with TS.

The slide works on both themes if placed as a shortcode on a page and/or in a widget area using 'Custom HTML' and the shortcode [wpv-view name="homepage-featured-slide"]. So seems to be an issue for me at least on the 'WP Views' placed in widgets.

Okay I see, so the issue arises when a View is used in a widget area. Let me run some additional tests and try to reproduce that as you described in a default theme like Twenty Twenty, then I can escalate the issue to our developers.

I have been able to reproduce something similar in my local tests. The background image does not update appropriately, though in my case I see the same background on all slides instead of blank slides. I suspect the difference is because of where the View is shown and where the background image is saved. The problem is likely the same root cause, though. I will escalate this issue to my 2nd tier support team and let you know what I find out.

Hello, just a quick update to let you know this issue has been escalated from my 2nd tier support team to our developers. The developers have acknowledged the problem with dynamic images used as backgrounds when displaying a View using a widget, and will work to include the solution for this issue in a future release, though I have not yet received more information about a timeline for delivery. I will continue to keep you posted here - thanks for your patience while we work to resolve this.

Hello, our developers have informed me that this issue will be resolved in the upcoming Blocks 1.3.3 / Views 3.3.3 release. I will keep you up-to-date on the release schedule as I receive more information here.

Hi, our team is in the process of releasing Blocks 1.3.3 / Views 3.3.3 and some other plugin updates. Please update to the latest versions of all Toolset plugins to receive the fix for this issue. If you have not yet been prompted to update on your site, you may need to go to Plugins > Add New, then click the "Commercial" tab to find the Toolset installer panel. Click "Check for updates" and the installer should find the latest version for download.

Let me know if the issue is not completely resolved after updating all Toolset plugins, and I'll be glad to take a closer look.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.