Skip Navigation

[Résolu] View showing entries with no relationship

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem: I have a View that is supposed to show related posts, but it includes results that do not seem to be related.

Solution: Set the intermediary post type(s) to be "published" instead of "draft" so you can inspect all the intermediary posts. Delete any relationships that should not be present.

This support ticket is created Il y a 5 années et 4 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 6 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by tylerG Il y a 5 années et 4 mois.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Auteur
Publications

I am trying to display only the Officials on the Township/City pages when they are in a relationship.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Some officials, like Timothy Mounts, shouldn't be showing up on this page - hidden link
On the same note, it lists Scambler as a township for Timothy Mounts when they're not in a relationship: hidden link

A look at the backend: hidden link

The View is set up to only show Officials on the township/city pages when they are in a relationship. On the Scambler township page (linked above), it is also showing some officials from the St. Olaf township. When I check on the backend, there is no relationship. Any suggestions?

Hi, can you try the following troubleshooting steps first?
- Temporarily deactivate all plugins except Types and Views, then activate a default theme like Twenty Seventeen.
- Test again. If the problem is resolved, reactivate your theme and other plugins one by one until the problem returns
- If any caching systems are in place on your server, temporarily disable them.
- Open the browser console when editing the Official post in wp-admin, and check to see if any errors are displayed.
- Repeat the previous test on the Township post editor page in wp-admin.
Let me know the results of these tests. If these steps do not reveal the source of the problem, I'll need to take a closer look.

Christian, thanks for the response! I've gone through conflict testing and the issue is still present.

I set up a staging site for testing. Would you like access to take a closer look?

Yes, thanks. Please provide login credentials in the private reply fields here, and I will be glad to take a look.

I don't see anything obviously wrong here. I have seen some strange caching on Flywheel sites before, so I'm curious to see if that has anything to do with it. Could you create a database dump file that I can install on my local test site? I will run some tests to see why things are behaving like this.

Okay I believe I see what's happening. Please go to Toolset > Custom Post Types and edit the Township Official Intermediary post type. The post type status is "draft", which hides the post type from the main menu in wp-admin. Change that to "publish". Find the intermediary post "Township Officials: 1289 - 7800" in the Township Official Intermediary Post Type menu, and trash it. Then empty the trash, and you can set the intermediary post type back to "draft" status.

This should disconnect St Olaf from Timothy M., and fix the issue where St. Olaf is showing in the Official page for Timothy M. Not sure exactly how that happened, but somehow the relationship wasn't registering in wp-admin even though it existed in the database.

The problem is Timothy M shouldn't be connected to Scambler. He should be connected to St. Olaf.

However, the officials listed there are the ones that seem to be having issues. I was able to delete those officials and re-add them to solve the problem. Thanks for the help!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.