Skip Navigation

[Résolu] View of Woocommerce orders

Ce fil est résolu. Voici une description du problème et la solution proposée.

Problem:
How to display a list of WooCommerce orders on the front end.

Solution:
WooCommerce Orders are available in the Content Selection of a View when you have the WooCommerce Views extension installed.

This support ticket is created Il y a 6 années et 1 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Marqué : ,

This topic contains 3 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Nigel Il y a 6 années et 1 mois.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Auteur
Publications

Tell us what you are trying to do? I need to make a view for the admin, listing all orders.

Is there any documentation that you are following? Yes, I understand I have to make the "order" post-type public.
I have used https://toolset.com/forums/topic/woocommerce-orders-4/ but the line number no longer corresponds to my version of Woocommerce, which is 3.3.3. Please point me in the right direction. I noticed that in views, I could select "orders" (why would that be if the post-type is private?) and I could also (since views version 1.8.0) filter by third party custom-statuses like wc-completed. So it seems that all this is almost supported. For security reasons I was planning to use Access for limiting access to the page that contains the order view.

Is there a similar example that we can see? No. It does not work yet.

What is the link to your site? As stated above.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screen Shot 2018-03-02 at 12.13.56.png

Hi there

With the Views integration with WooCommerce you do not need to make the Order post type public, you can use it directly in a View. (See screenshot.)

That works if you have the Toolset WooCommerce Views plugin installed.

Thank you, but I was already using that method. In the meantime I have found the reason for not getting any results. I was displaying fields which were not in the order post-type. I had assumed that "product" was a parent of "order" so that I could also display, sort and filter by product-fields. On further investigation it became clear that product is not a parent of order, but a parent of order-item. One order can have multiple order-items, each connected with a different product.

My ultimate goal is to display order-items, together with order-info and product-info (both parents). In this site, the products are training-events. We want to select those events that are in the past together with the orders in which they occur, so that we know which clients should receive a certificate. However, in views I do not seem to be able to select the post-type "order-items". Why is that? Once this becomes possible, how can I add information from both parent post-types?

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English ) Espagnol (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

WooCommerce has a custom post type "shop_order" for orders, but the order items are not posts, there is no such post type as order-items, which is why you cannot select it.

You will find a custom database table wp_woocommerce_order_items that stores the order items, and a related table to store item meta.

Custom tables are not accessible to Toolset. You can only access data from the standard WordPress tables such as wp_posts, wp_postmeta, and the taxonomy and user tables.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.