Skip Navigation

[Résolu] View not showing from inside the wysiwyg field

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 3 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 réponses, has 2 voix.

Last updated by Rita Il y a 3 années et 3 mois.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Auteur
Publications

1. I have a post type called 'event'
2. with a wysiwyg custom field 'event-data'
3. inside that wysiwyg field is a view displaying child posts of the parent event
4. then i have a view of the parent event and in the loop i want to display the content of that wysiwyg field

if I add that custom field to the event post content template the view inside that field displays fine

however if i add that custom field to a view loop of event posts nothing is displayed though the view recognises that the field exists and has content. it just doesn't display the content in the loop

does that make sense?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for waiting and I apologize for the delay in getting back on this.

During testing on my website, I was able to reproduce this behavior only if the "The post where this View is shown" option is selected in the query filter of the view that shows the related tickets.
( screenshot: hidden link )

When a view with this option is called from a WYSIWYG field in a single event post page, it shows the related tickets correctly, but not if this WYSIWYG field is added in a loop of another view that shows the Events.

If you'll change the query filter option to "The current post in the loop" in the view that shows the related tickets, it will show the results correctly in both cases (i.e. in the single events as well as the loop of the view that shows events).

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Genius... That works!
Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to help me Waqar.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.