Skip Navigation

[Résolu] view is filtered to a certain category, but search filter of cf shows all items

This support ticket is created Il y a 3 années et 8 mois. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 19 réponses, has 3 voix.

Last updated by Ido Angel Il y a 3 années et 7 mois.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Auteur
Publications

Hey Waqar, and thanks.
Unfortunately, both options are necessary in certain views.
As a workaround, I had to build the filter in jQuery for this view, and in another view (the one we chatted about, which showed me items with 0 relevance) I also had to use jQuery to hide these.
So what you're saying is toolset is problematic for large sites? Isn't there a way to make things work as they should?
Cheers
Ido

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Ido,

As per the developers' feedback, the toolset is not problematic for large sites, but when large data is involved, certain adjustments need to be made to avoid performance and stability issues.

Your workaround of using jQuery, in this case, sounds a good idea as this way processing load is shifted from the database level to the front-end (DOM) level.

If you could share a clone of a new install where this issue is reproducible with only Toolset plugins, it can be escalated again.

regards,
Waqar

Hey Waqar, the issue is still there in the old install... why need a new one? thx

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: Anglais (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Ido,

1. For an issue to qualify as a bug, it needs to be reproducible on a clean install, without any extra plugins or themes.
( in our extensive tests this case failed )

2. For an issue to qualify as a compatibility issue with a particular third-party theme or a plugin, it needs to be reproducible on a clean install, with only Toolset plugins and that theme or plugin.
( in our extensive tests this case failed too with Toolset + WooCommerce + Elementor Pro )

3. When an issue is specific to a particular install, it is considered an exception, and further dubbing into this exception is not possible as we already know that an expensive operation is being attempted on a website with a large amount of data and in the presence of a number of third-party plugins and custom code, which would eventually result in unexcepted results/behavior. This is the reason, why I recommended staying with the jQuery workaround that you've already implemented.

I hope this explanation would help.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.